Administrative Support Assistant
Date published: 3-Oct-2018
Opportunity: Experienced Hire
Business Plan: ADO
BVCI, a proud part of the BV family of companies, offers union shop construction services for on-time, on-budget project delivery.<br><br>Our professionals deliver solid dependable solutions for industrial construction projects of all sizes, enabling us to provide leading construction services for our clients. Together, we have an integrated approach to project execution with an emphasis on safety, quality, cost, and schedule.<br><br>Our Services<br>We work with our clients on EPC as well as construction-only projects. We self-perform projects by executing direct hire labor as well as utilizing subcontractor elements.<br><br>We continue to expand our services offered and build our project backlog. <br>Now is the time to work at BVCI!
To provide support to one or more managers, but also provide support to a workgroup such as a department, division or regional office, under minimal supervision from a manager or director. Position requires proficiency in administrative assistant support role. Duties and tasks are often non-routine, requiring independent judgment and problem-solving. Possesses thorough knowledge of workgroup’s policies and procedures, as well as general knowledge of company policies and processes. Has occasional contact with clients, suppliers, or company employees outside the immediate work area to exchange information.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Organizes and prioritizes activities for manager(s), including controlling access to manager’s calendar.
• Screens and responds to telephone and email inquiries, as well as written correspondence, on behalf of manager.
• Plans and arranges meetings, travel, and events, and coordinates applying for international travel documents.
• Maintains manager's or work group's calendar.
• Organizes flow of administrative work through supervisor’s office.
• Contributes to the development of other department or company initiatives.
• Liaises with B&V contingent coordinator and/or employment agency. Approves timesheets, checks agency invoice accuracy, codes Markview invoices, and reconciles overtime labor rate differences.
• Generates or distributes ad hoc reports using various business systems and databases.
• Orders office supplies.
• May coordinate completion of timesheets.
• Reviews and approves timesheets.
• May code, route, and track invoices.
• Creates expense reports.
• May review expense reports for compliance.
• May verify accuracy of invoices prior to approval.
• Generates simple documents, such as letters, memos, spreadsheets and presentations.
• Prepares files for archiving.
• Performs scanning and electronic filing.
• Answers phones.
• Greets and directs visitors.
• Assembles documents (reproduction and collation).
• Performs word processing and data entry.
• Performs other general clerical duties as needed.
***Only candidates local to the Kansas City Metro area will be considered further
*** This position is not available for visa sponsorship
- Intermediate spreadsheet skills and intermediate word processing skills needed.
- All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
• 5+ years of similar experience
• Experience working in a fast-paced environment for multiple leaders simultaneously
• Intermediate MS Word skills
• Intermediate MS Office Excel and PowerPoint skills
• Intermediate MS Outlook skills
• Spelling and grammar skills
• Concentration and cognitive skills
• Interpersonal skills
• Attention to detail and reading comprehension
• Communication skills, including verbal and written skills
• Customer focus
• Ethics and values
• Integrity and trust
• Ability to make decisions
• Ability to prioritize
• Problem-solving ability
• Expense Reporting Systems (Creating)
• Expense Reporting Policies & Procedures (Reviewing and approving)
• Time Reporting Policies & Procedures
• Time Reporting Systems
• PeopleSoft & Blueprint Basic Users
• Travel Systems
• Telephony and Web conferencing
• Electronic Repository Systems
• Financial Information Systems