Date published: 2-Feb-2018
Opportunity: Experienced Hire
Business Line: Telecom
Business Plan: EST
The Telecommunications Division delivers telecommunication infrastructure solutions to utilities, local and state government agencies and the commercial wireless industry. Through a unique combination of experience, expert resources and innovative solutions, Black & Veatch supports the entire range of both legacy and emerging technologies used in today’s wireless and wireline networks, voice, video, Internet and data systems and utility automation.
This position will be serving the Telecom Business and will assist in preparation of lump sum, unit rate, cost plus and conceptual cost estimates and analysis.
• Responsible for estimate coordination and consolidation for all required cost components for all complete estimate.
• Reviews design scopes and develop quantities and or bill of materials.
• Performs productivity analysis with construction to help establish timelines and an execution strategy.
• Develops direct labor and subcontractor cost and associated indirect cost for estimates
• Prepares contingency, escalation and reconciliation for estimates
• Performs comparisons of scope, quantities and cost data between projects
• Prepares management presentations
• Updates and maintain historical cost data
• Reviews designs and specifications for cost effectiveness and suggest alternatives where appropriate
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for estimate coordination and consolidation of each of the discipline estimates into the Proposal Estimate • Reviews design scopes and develop quantities • Performs productivity analysis of construction operations • Prepares direct labor estimates, distributable or contractors indirect cost estimates • Prepares contingency, escalation and reconciliation for estimates • Performs comparisons of scope, quantities and cost data between projects • Prepares management presentations • Updates and maintain historical cost data • Reviews designs and specifications for cost effectiveness and suggest alternatives where appropriate • Supports continuous improvement efforts and the change management effects associated with the implementation of improvements. • Individual contributor with no subordinates.
5 to 10 years of relevant experience is required. All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
BS or MS graduate in Construction Management or related field is preferred, but not required. Field and/or project experience is a plus. • Field/On-site construction experience
• Electrical background and/or knowledge
• Outside Plant (OSP) background and/or knowledge
Preferred Competencies: • Complex estimating principles/procedures • Cost principles/procedures • Mathematical skills • Project design scopes • Consulting skills • Analytical skills • Interpret and understand specifications and contracts • Microsoft Excel • Microsoft Access • Verbal and written communication skills • Presentation skills • Calculator