Database Administrator 1
Date published: 13-Jun-2018
Opportunity: Experienced Hire
Business Line: Telecom
Business Plan: ADM
The Telecommunications Division delivers telecommunication infrastructure solutions to utilities, local and state government agencies and the commercial wireless industry. Through a unique combination of experience, expert resources and innovative solutions, Black & Veatch supports the entire range of both legacy and emerging technologies used in today’s wireless and wireline networks, voice, video, Internet and data systems and utility automation.
The Database Administrator position ensures that all members of the team are informed of updates made in client & B&V databases. The Database Administrator manages assigned databases for locations by utilizing client databases and B&V systems such as Quick Base, Oracle/EPS, and Documentum. All updates and documents posted in client databases should follow the documented procedures to ensure documentation is retained for the life of the project. This position must understand the Network requirements of the client and B&V databases and the internal constraints, policies and procedures that must be followed to ensure compliance with division and corporate standards.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Ability to provide canned reports from the assigned databases to provide to BV management.
• Adheres to, supports and enhances the Divisions Quality Management System.
• Adheres to, supports and enhances the Divisions Environmental, Safety, Health and Security Program.
• Ensures that assigned databases are populated with information as needed.
• Establishes partnerships with project personnel, including subcontractors and the client.
• Has a working knowledge of the BV Portal and Documentum with ability to post documents.
• Maintains data integrity in all work duties.
• Completes priority tasks in time allotted.
• Maintains a high degree of customer service and integrity when dealing with clients.
• May be requested to complete other duties or special projects as assigned.
• May be requested to obtain login/passwords for group personnel to databases.
• May provide updated information to client personnel weekly as requested.
• Must be able to analytically understand if entries are correct while entering data.
• Must have an understanding of tasks to build a cell site and working knowledge of these operations.
• Must have ability to resolve problems and answer questions in a timely manner.
• Plans and executes communication strategies to BV employees in his/her assigned turf location.
• Provides weekly reports as directed.
• Working knowledge or ability to learn quickly their assigned database.
• Working knowledge of the process flow between databases.
• Working knowledge of Work Authorizations (WA) and True Up (TU) submissions.
• Individual contributor with no subordinates.
Basic word processing and spreadsheet skills required. Experience in various Databases required.
All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
1 – 2 years relevant database experience preferred.
• Desktop PC
• Microsoft Word
• Microsoft Excel
• Microsoft Power Point
• Microsoft Outlook (Email, Calendar, Contacts)
• Electronic file storage system
• Project Management Systems
• Multi-tasking ability (Prioritize, Organize, and Schedule Work)
• Problem Solving (Identify, Analyze, Research, Evaluate, and Resolve)
• Human Relations Skills (Written, Verbal, and Client Service)
• Workgroup's Policies & Procedures
• Division Administrative Policies & Procedures Division Project Policies & Procedures