Date published: 12-Nov-2017
Opportunity: Experienced Hire
Business Plan: EST
BVCI, a proud part of the BV family of companies, offers union shop construction services for on-time, on-budget project delivery.<br><br>Our professionals deliver solid dependable solutions for industrial construction projects of all sizes, enabling us to provide leading construction services for our clients. Together, we have an integrated approach to project execution with an emphasis on quality, safety, cost, and schedule.<br><br>Our Services<br>We work with our clients on EPC as well as construction-only projects. We self-perform or execute on a subcontract or joint venture basis, offering services through direct hire or subcontract options.<br><br>We are growing and expanding our present offered services along with building our backlog. Now is the time to work at BVCI!
Assists in preparation and review of lump sum, unit rate and cost plus estimates and in preparation of conceptual estimating cost analysis.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for estimate coordination and consolidation of each of the discipline estimates into the Proposal Estimate
• Reviews design scopes and develop quantities
• Performs productivity analysis of construction operations
• Prepares direct labor estimates, distributable or contractors indirect cost estimates
• Prepares contingency, escalation and reconciliation for estimates
• Performs comparisons of scope, quantities and cost data between projects
• Prepares management presentations
• Updates and maintain historical cost data
• Reviews designs and specifications for cost effectiveness and suggest alternatives where appropriate
• Supports continuous improvement efforts and the change management effects associated with the implementation of improvements.
• 5 to 10 years estimating experience is required.
• All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
• BS or MS graduate in Construction Management or related field is preferred, but not required.
• Extensive Electrical Estimating experience
• Extensive Power industry experience
• Large construction projects experience
• Field/On-site construction experience
• Complex estimating principles/procedures
• Cost principles/procedures
• Mathematical/calculating skills
• Project design scopes
• Consulting skills
• Analytical skills
• Interpret and understand specifications and contracts
• Microsoft Excel
• Microsoft Access
• Verbal and written communication skills
• Presentation skills