Date published: 17-May-2018
Opportunity: Experienced Hire
Business Line: Telecom
Business Plan: ADM
The Telecommunications Division delivers telecommunication infrastructure solutions to utilities, local and state government agencies and the commercial wireless industry. Through a unique combination of experience, expert resources and innovative solutions, Black & Veatch supports the entire range of both legacy and emerging technologies used in today’s wireless and wireline networks, voice, video, Internet and data systems and utility automation.
Partners with Staffing Specialists and hiring managers in identifying, developing and providing internet products and services that support recruiting efforts. Serves as database administrator for resume tracking system. Prepares reports, ensures consistency of processes and ensures proper interface and support of other Human Resource (HR) systems. Adheres to all federal, state, and local laws governing employment process.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Sources candidates through internet and resume tracking system searches, referrals, former employees/candidates/applicants, ad placement, etc. to assist in filling current employment openings.
• Determines, evaluates and recommends internet-based strategies for assigned requisition.
• Coordinates internet postings and develops effective position descriptions.
• Trains end users on recruiting systems and tools
• Supervises scanner operator for use with resume tracking system.
• Provides database maintenance and technical trouble shooting.
• Works on HR projects as assigned.
2+ yrs related experience.
All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
Strong knowledge of resume tracking system
Basic knowledge of human resource information system
Strong recruiting database searching skills
Knowledge of recruitment advertising process
Proficient internet navigation skills, including familiarity with all major search engines
Knowledge of AIRS sourcing techniques
Some knowledge of employment law
Strong computer skills (Word, PowerPoint, Access)
Good written and verbal communication skills, including strong spelling, grammar, punctuation
Good multi-tasking skills