Mktg & Comm Specialist 1 - Proposals
Date published: 4-Jul-2018
Opportunity: Experienced Hire
Business Line: Govt Federal SE
Business Plan: MAC
The Black & Veatch Special Projects Corp. has its mission to provide a full range of services to our primary client base - U.S. Government agencies and departments. With the unique skill sets we have developed during the 100-plus years of service to our U.S. Government agencies client base, we are able to provide one-of-a-kind solutions to complex mission objectives that arise out of specific challenges faced by and unique to these agencies. Our primary areas of focus are: Architecture/Engineering (A/E) Services, Defense Program, Design/Build, Classified, and Environmental.
First professional-level position, with broader responsibilities in one or more related areas: marketing, communications, event coordination, branding, proposal and campaign support. Understands the strategy/vision of the assigned work group. Works under limited supervision. Requires broader working knowledge of business practices and procedures in order to perform non-repetitive, analytical work of a moderately complex nature. Position uses a narrow application of principles, theories, concepts and draws on previous experience to determine a course of action. Participates in planning and scheduling to establish deadlines and ensures the timely completion of several independent tasks and short-term projects. Multiple tasks/projects are assigned and reviewed generally only upon completion. Tasks are more tactical in nature.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Typical duties may include but are not limited to the following (Professional responsibilities may cross functions as needed):
• Applies standard brand guidelines, and proactively identifies errors and inconsistencies in brand application beyond the current task at hand.
• Reviews documents to establish that company standards contained in the Communications Manual are met.
• Review and edits written copy, articles, web content, marketing collateral, internal/external publications, news releases, social media and video copy for content accuracy, style, grammar, spelling, and syntax punctuation.
Conducts assigned research and authenticity verification.
• Works with internal and external sources to develop copy content.
• Consults with team leaders and/or management to develop schedules, milestones, and priorities.
• Supports the content and messaging development of internal and externally focused marketing collateral.
Participates in coordination and execution of business line marketing and sales campaigns
Manages social media accounts
• May assist in planning, researching and preparing content for a variety of pursuit applications including project experience sheets, biodata sheets, statements of qualifications, proposals and other pursuit-related collateral.
• May work with internal sources to develop pursuit content.
• Interfaces routinely with multiple inter-divisional personnel and support groups.
Assists with the planning of major company meetings, conferences, trade show activities and events.
• Coordinates with internal users to collect information necessary for planning requirements, materials and services needed for meetings, trade shows, exhibits and events.
• Reviews space requirements and recommends placement.
• Assists in coordination and installation of specialized equipment and facilities, travel and shipping arrangements, and catering.
Individual contributor with no subordinates.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communication, or a related field; or equivalent experience Experience: 2+ years related experience All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
Organizes and schedules group tasks.
Written and verbal communication skills
Basic problem solving and organization skills
Working knowledge of marketing/ branding/ communications concepts
Multi-tasking skills and attention to detail
Interpersonal and networking skills
Basic research and analysis skills
Working knowledge of company editorial standards/practices
Working knowledge of marketing and advertising media including print, audio, internet, video etc.
Working knowledge of marketing practice and procedures
Proficient in Microsoft Office
Working knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite, specifically InDesign and Photoshop
Working knowledge of Marketo or equivalent lead nurturing platform
Working knowledge of CRM platform (Microsoft Dynamics or Salesforce)
Requires working knowledge of company services, marketing strategies and company business lines
Requires working knowledge of business practice and procedures, including knowledge of trade show activities
Normal office environment