Project Controls Analyst - Scheduler
Date published: 10-Jan-2018
Opportunity: Experienced Hire
Business Line: Telecom
Business Plan: PJC
The Telecommunications Division delivers telecommunication infrastructure solutions to utilities, local and state government agencies and the commercial wireless industry. Through a unique combination of experience, expert resources and innovative solutions, Black & Veatch supports the entire range of both legacy and emerging technologies used in today’s wireless and wireline networks, voice, video, Internet and data systems and utility automation.
Project Controls Scheduler in our Telecommunications Business Line in Overland Park, KS. Experienced level position will be assigned to either a role in Scheduling/Planning or Cost Engineering or a combination. Under general supervision, the individual performs project controls assignments according to training, capability and experience. With additional experience and demonstrated capabilities, the individual is expected to assist in the preparation of larger and more complex project controls assignments. Typically, an individual contributor, but may have supervisory duties and lead small/medium size projects (cost and/or scheduling activities).
• Maintain and may prepare cost/schedule reports
• Maintain and may lead collection of engineering production data or construction installed quantities
• Monitors scope change management process
• Maintains and may prepare Earned Value Management Reports
• Collect and maintains task completion dates and percent completes
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Understand EPC work process, construction concepts, and dependencies between functions. Develop project risk analysis skills. Understand Financial/Accounting reporting. May prepare forecasts under minimal supervision. Scheduling:
• May facilitate the preparation of summary schedule.
• Prepares and maintain baseline/execution schedule.
• Facilitates productivity reporting.
• Perform/Assists with critical path and float analysis reporting.
• Gains understanding of key cost control processes.
• As applicable able to effectively work with JV and Subcontract construction partners in scheduling matters.
Four-year Bachelor's degree with three or more years of relevant Cost Control of Planning & Scheduling experience OR no four-year Bachelor's degree required with six years or more of relevant Cost Control or Planning & Scheduling experience in Home Office or Field Office. All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
Minimum Technical Competencies
• Advanced Microsoft Excel Skills
• Proficient Scheduling Software Skills (Primavera P6 preferred)
• Prefer four-year Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Construction Management.
Preferred Technical Competencies:
• Understands SQL Server and Database Concepts
• Ability to write / execute VB scripts in MS Excel
• Understands Aggregate Scope EPC Projects (Telecommunications experience preferred)
• Understands Earned Value Management Concepts
• Knowledgeable navigating and operating MS Office software bundles
• Understands geospatial information systems (GIS)
• Intermediate verbal and written communication skills
• Specific training in B&V project controls tools and processes. Training in general business operations and leadership skills.
Preferred Non-Technical Competencies
• Presentation Skills
• Driven for Results
• Customer Focus
• Interpersonal Savvy
• Problem Solving