Proposal Specialist 2
Date published: 7-Jun-2018
Opportunity: Experienced Hire
Business Line: Govt Federal SE
Business Plan: SAM
The Black & Veatch Special Projects Corp. has its mission to provide a full range of services to our primary client base - U.S. Government agencies and departments. With the unique skill sets we have developed during the 100-plus years of service to our U.S. Government agencies client base, we are able to provide one-of-a-kind solutions to complex mission objectives that arise out of specific challenges faced by and unique to these agencies. Our primary areas of focus are: Architecture/Engineering (A/E) Services, Defense Program, Design/Build, Classified, and Environmental.
Responsible for preparation, assembly, and submittal of assigned proposals. Assigned proposals are generally of moderate to large scope and normal risk profile. Accountable for assisting in completion proper risk reviews for the assigned proposals and reviewing cost estimates and commercial and technical exceptions with all proposal team members. Provide proposal management support to Sr. Proposal Manager.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Supports the proposal effort on assigned proposals based on guidelines set by the Proposal Review Board (PRB).
• Assists in coordination with business partners to establish the proposal schedule and seeks resources from the Director, Proposal Management to support the proposal schedule.
• Interfaces with Proposal Coordinators to collaborate on writing, editing, production, assembly, and delivery of assigned proposals.
• Tracks assigned Expanded Scope prospects and proposals within the ECRM system and updates and reports the status of those proposals to Director of Proposals and to expanded Scope senior management as appropriate.
• Active implementation of proposal process improvements, incorporation of lessons learned and cost reduction ideas, and analysis of market intelligence of competitors.
• Participate in proposal plan and schedule development. Ensure Senior Proposal Manager and project management participation in the proposal process including active participation in the project execution plan and review of critical commercial terms of the contract.
• Participate as required in BOQ reconciliation meetings and Cost Review Board meetings. Follow up on CRB actions and alignment of cost assumptions and RFP clarifications.
• Assists in the coordination and integration of reviews by legal, contracts, insurance, finance, treasury, and tax support groups for assigned proposals.
• Assists in the negotiations with clients, business partners and key suppliers as requested.
• Obtains direction from Senior Proposal Manager or Director of Proposals for the business deal points for each assigned proposal.
• Coordinate proposal procurement planning sessions with the Procurement Manager including the development and application of global sourcing strategies, supplier and subcontractor alliances, and bid tab reviews.
• Coordinate project schedule development with Project Controls including development of manpower loading, schedule metrics, and coordination of cash flows.
• Facilitate interface with B&V Construction staff or Construction partners regarding proposal deliverables required.
• Implement Living Quality Behavior concepts and provide quality observations on ongoing proposal efforts. Implements Safety, Quality, Ethical Standards, in accordance with Energy Policies, Standards and Guides.
7+ years of project or proposal experience. All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
Bachelor's Degree in engineering preferred. Strong technical knowledge of industry including all types of power plants; takes initiative (Action Oriented); understanding of financial metrics including PGM, revenue, and overhead costs (Business Acumen); commercial/business knowledge of contracts; Excellent communications/human relations skills (written, verbal, client service); Ability to sell; strong negotiating skills and persuasive skills (Negotiating); Good writing skills; Ability to interface with diverse personalities; Strong problem solving skills (identify, analyze, research, evaluate, resolve) (Problem Solving) Ability to lead and motivate professionals; Ability to think strategically (Strategic Agility); Conflict management skills.