RF Engineer 6
Date published: 8-Feb-2018
Opportunity: Experienced Hire
Business Line: Telecom
Business Plan: ENG
Functions as a technical specialist or supervisory role. Independently develops and applies advanced engineering techniques, concepts and approaches to unique engineering problems. May supervise engineering staff on projects of medium to high complexity, or serve as a technical specialist providing knowledge and expertise.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Supervise on-site engineering and/or design staff on several medium to large projects.
• Responsible for specifying equipment, creating design drawings and layouts, and identifying appropriate frequency bands.
• Lead project meetings and make presentations.
• Routinely interact with clients to identify needs and requirements.
• Research existing client conditions and make recommendations to enhance large, complex telecommunication networks, owned and operated by private entities such as water and power utilities, educational institutions, and public safety agencies.
• Presenting complex technical data to audiences with non-technical backgrounds.
• Maintain records, lists and reports as required to ensure compliance with the client's schedule, accuracy of the budget, and adherence to procurement specifications.
• Keep informed of new communication methods and developments that affect the industry, and recommend new practices or changes in programs or applications.
• Represent the organization and maintain connections within the industry and related organizations.
Requires a bachelor's degree in engineering from either a recognized accredited program in their home country or the country in which the professional is practicing. Minimum of 11 years related work experience. All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
• Registered Professional Engineer in at least one of 50 USA States
• Extensive experience creating design drawings including interconnection diagrams and schematics
• Advanced knowledge of RF planning process and use of propagation tools in point-to-point, point-to-multipoint design of highly reliable radio
• Ability to perform and coordinate all stages of RF design, including: optimal site selection, link budget analysis, and RF sweep evaluation.
• 10 years of engineering experience in design of communication projects. 15 years preferred.
• Excellent supervisory, budgeting and delegation skills.
• Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
• Able to create and edit design and construction specifications.
• Experience preparing cost, schedule, and resource estimates and writing responses to RFP's.
• Familiar with multiple LMR system architectures, dispatching considerations, antenna and feedline selection, coverage test methods
• Experience in designing or supporting a Utility Company’s telecommunication systems.
• Microwave Experience: link budgets, site evaluation, path feasibility evaluation, on-site path studies, specification of equipment, antennas, feedlines, and diversity measures.
• Working knowledge of Public Switched Telephone Networks (PSTN) and VoIP networks.
• Knowledge of the design, installation and provision a wide range of mission critical WANs/MANs/LANS and equipment – DWDM, SONET, Ethernet, MPLS, OTN, or other Carrier class networks.
• Installation and troubleshooting any or all of the above in the field.