Senior Closeout Administrator
CA-San Diego, CO-Denver, KS-Overland Park, MN-Bloomington, MO-Chesterfield, NV-Las Vegas, PA-Moon Township
Date published: 6-Dec-2018
Opportunity: Experienced Hire
Business Line: Telecom
Business Plan: ADM
The Telecommunications Division delivers telecommunication infrastructure solutions to utilities, local and state government agencies and the commercial wireless industry. Through a unique combination of experience, expert resources and innovative solutions, Black & Veatch supports the entire range of both legacy and emerging technologies used in today’s wireless and wireline networks, voice, video, Internet and data systems and utility automation.
Provide technical management support to managers and the business team to facilitate, expedite, and drive to closure all assigned sites. Administer site contract requirements related to document collection, document review for quality and accuracy, timing of activities and bridges communication between field personnel, subcontractors, program personnel and project support assistants.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develops project deliverables from written and/or verbal instructions.
• Maintains project trackers for closeout responsibilities.
• Understand the written process for multiple markets as well any market specific requirements.
• Must be able to maintain and manage relationships while assuring that work is performed in accordance with project requirements.
• Reviews, analyzes, and evaluates supplier and contractor activities, products, and reports for adherence to the B&V requirements. Monitors and updates all open transactions.
• Follows up, coordinates and communicates with managers, engineers, and field staff to ensure that applicable codes and specifications are met.
• Demonstrates ability to maintain multiple projects and priorities at one time and effectively finish projects in a timely manner.
• Participate in weekly calls with specified markets.
• Assists in coordinating deliverables with other groups involved on the same project to minimize interference or errors.
• Assists with expediting large volume of submittals and/or confirming that such submittals have been received from subcontractors.
• Completes moderately complex filing activities such as scanning and electronic filing.
• Understands complex database activities and ability to utilize complex databases.
• Create multiple documents timely.
• Ability to locate documents in multiple electronic databases.
•Follow written directions and processes in one market.
• Ability to self-prioritize work with minimal supervision.
• Acts in capacity of a “lead person”. Does not have management responsibility for the people to whom they provide work direction. List positions receiving direction: Project Support Assistant
All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
Associate Degree or Bachelor Degree in Related Field preferred. 3 – 4 years construction or site acquisition work experience preferred.
• Desktop PC
• Microsoft Word
• Microsoft Excel
• Microsoft Power Point
• Microsoft Outlook (Email, Calendar, Contacts)
• Electronic file storage system
• Project Management Systems
• Multi-tasking ability (Prioritize, Organize, and Schedule Work)
• Problem Solving (Identify, Analyze, Research, Evaluate, and Resolve)
• Human Relations Skills (Written, Verbal, and Client Service)
• Workgroup's Policies & Procedures
• Division Administrative Policies & Procedures
• Division Project Policies & Procedures