Senior Electrical Construction Estimator
Date published: 1-Jul-2018
Opportunity: Experienced Hire
Business Plan: EST
BVCI, a proud part of the BV family of companies, offers union shop construction services for on-time, on-budget project delivery.<br><br>Our professionals deliver solid dependable solutions for industrial construction projects of all sizes, enabling us to provide leading construction services for our clients. Together, we have an integrated approach to project execution with an emphasis on safety, quality, cost, and schedule.<br><br>Our Services<br>We work with our clients on EPC as well as construction-only projects. We self-perform projects by executing direct hire labor as well as utilizing subcontractor elements.<br><br>We continue to expand our services offered and build our project backlog. <br><br>Now is the time to work at BVCI!
Responsible for the direction and preparation of lump sum, unit rate and cost plus estimates ranging from simple cost analysis to definitive estimates in support of proposals, project controls and project change orders.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Prepares cost estimates on proposals, projects and studies and ensure that the content of the estimate is complete, accurate and meets the requirements of the estimate or project plan.
• Plan, coordinate, review, verify and analyze all aspects of estimates and estimate presentation • Responsible for directing, training and developing subordinates.
• Helps in the maintenance of the Company estimating database. Coordinate and review the variable estimating factors in each area with Engineering Operations, Procurement and Construction.
• Provides technical advice and assistance to the Project Manager in the preparation of all levels of estimates ranging in scope and complexity from a simple factored or curve type analysis estimate to an extremely complex multi-billion dollar lump sum bid.
• Appraises overall accuracy of estimates and recommends contingencies for estimates such as Lump Sum bids, Defined Estimates and Interim Control Estimates.
• Ensures the orderly flow of project assignments through his area in keeping with schedules and within manpower budgets.
• Assists the Chief Estimator with an independent assessment of an estimate’s accuracy (upon completion of the estimate and summarization of all detailed man-hours, material, construction and home office costs).
• Recommends detailed estimating procedures and techniques to be utilized in the development of the estimate.
• Assists in planning and development of the necessary formal training programs to maintain and improve estimating techniques, procedures and capabilities for both new and experienced personnel.
• Maintains familiarity with estimating and cost engineering developments and activities outside the company and assesses their significance, suggesting application to company business where warranted.
• Identifies and assesses improvement opportunities which will add value. Champions continuous improvement efforts. Assesses and supports the change management effects associated with the implementation of improvements. Proactively supports, encourages and facilitates staff to engage in continuous improvement activities.
• Supervises work of others. Responsible for hiring, discipline, and pay administration of their subordinates.
• 8 to 20 years of relevant experience, including some estimating experience
• Field and/or project experience All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
*** This position is not available for visa sponsorship.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
BS or MS graduate in Construction Management or related field is preferred, but not required.
• Complex estimating principles and practices including conceptual estimating (track new developments inside and outside the firm)
• Cost engineering
• Mathematical skills
• Project design scopes
• Consulting skills
• Planning skills
• Analytical skills
• Coordination and maintenance of the Company estimating database
• Development of subordinates
• Interpret and understand specifications and contracts
• Microsoft Excel
• Microsoft Access
• Verbal and written communication skills
• Interpersonal communication skills
• Presentation skills
• Planning and development of formal training programs