Sourcing & Contracts Manager
Date published: 28-Sep-2018
Opportunity: Experienced Hire
Business Line: Telecom
Business Plan: PCR
The Telecommunications Division delivers telecommunication infrastructure solutions to utilities, local and state government agencies and the commercial wireless industry. Through a unique combination of experience, expert resources and innovative solutions, Black & Veatch supports the entire range of both legacy and emerging technologies used in today’s wireless and wireline networks, voice, video, Internet and data systems and utility automation.
Development and execution of the supplier engagement strategy for both services and materials, based on business line needs and supply market analysis. Lead supplier evaluations and contract negotiations. Reduce cost through improved supplier performance.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement sourcing and supplier strategies that improve vendor performance and drive lower costs
- Maintain awareness of changing market conditions, as well as strategic business directions, that create opportunities for cost savings
- Lead the process of identifying, prequalifying and recommending potential suppliers in support of Telecom Business Line needs
- Benchmark and validate the “should” cost of services and materials
- Prepare, issue and evaluate competitive Requests for Proposals
- Develop contract templates and in conjunction with Legal, review and negotiate commercial terms and conditions to minimize costs and maximize payment terms for spend
- Resolve contractual issues and disputes
- Provide proposal support for materials.
- Establish supplier performance indicators (cost, quality, schedule and safety); measure and report performance against goals
- Communicate with vendors on performance improvements, cost reductions, and maintenance of quality standards
- Assess current state situation and spend data, make sourcing recommendations, initiate spend-optimization projects
- Maintain supplier relationships and strategic alliances
- Establish Vendor contingency plans for sole source or critical items to prevent market interruption
- Develop and maintain vendor data base for proposal sourcing activities.
- Responsible for directing, training and developing subordinates.
- Delegates technical and administrative responsibilities to subordinates as appropriate.
- Identifies and assesses improvement opportunities which will add value. Champions continuous improvement efforts. Assesses and supports the change management effects associated with the implementation of improvements. Proactively supports, encourages and facilitates staff to engage in continuous improvement activities.
Minimum of seven (7) years relevant experience. All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
7-15 years of industry experience. BA or BS degree in Supply Chain/Purchasing, Business, Technical / Engineering, Construction Management, Pre-Law, Law or related field (preferred). Relevant experience may be substituted for a degree. - Skilled knowledge and application of supply chain processes
- Talent development skills, mentoring
Preferred Skills: • Proficient Analytics - Creation and Interpretation • Advanced Attention to Detail • Advanced Communication - Written and Oral • Proficient Computer - Database and MS Office • Expert Contract Comprehension • Proficient Data Entry • Proficient Mathematics • Proficient Organizing Data • Proficient Presentation Skills • Advanced Problem Solving • Proficient Project Process Management • Proficient Training Development Preferred Competencies: • Decision quality • Ensures accountability • Manages ambiguity • Manages complexity • Persuades • Plans and aligns