Statutory Accounting & Reporting Accountant
Date published: 12-Jan-2019
Opportunity: Experienced Hire
Business Line: Govt Federal SE
Business Plan: FIN
The Black & Veatch Special Projects Corp. has its mission to provide a full range of services to our primary client base - U.S. Government agencies and departments. With the unique skill sets we have developed during the 100-plus years of service to our U.S. Government agencies client base, we are able to provide one-of-a-kind solutions to complex mission objectives that arise out of specific challenges faced by and unique to these agencies. Our primary areas of focus are: Architecture/Engineering (A/E) Services, Defense Program, Design/Build, Classified, and Environmental.
Responsible for the preparation and entry of general ledger journal entries; completion of complex account reconciliations and preparation of assigned financial reports. Provides resolution of basic issues. Provides basic account analysis and assigned financial reports. Works under close supervision.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Detailed tasks will include:
• Prepares, enters and may post journal entries
• Process timesheets for Federal professionals
• Assist with Expense Report processing per government regulations and company policy
• Assist with Accounts Payable processing
• May identify, research and resolve issues and errors
• May assist businesses in coding of costs
• Prepares audit deliverables for review
• Reconciles accounts, identifies and researches reconciling items. Identifies risk and opportunities and assesses reasonableness of balances.
• Assist with development and implementation of system enhancements
• Supports continuous improvement efforts and the change management effects associated with the implementation of improvement.
• Interact regularly with Federal professionals, travelers, management, compliance and travel department.
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance or equivalent experience. Typically 2+ years’ related experience All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
• Experience 2+ Yrs. Related experience; preferably in accounting operations.
• Government Engineering or Construction Industry experience preferred.
• Government Compliance and Regulations experience preferred.
• Customer Focus
• Excellent Organizational skills
• Excellent Written and Verbal Communications skills
• Action Oriented
• Peer Relationships
• Dealing with Ambiguity
• Problem Solving
• Microsoft Office Suite, Basic
• Microsoft Excel, Intermediate
• Knowledge of Black & Veatch Systems, Basic
• Technical accounting knowledge, Basic
• Knowledge of Financial Statement analysis, Basic
• Knowledge of foreign currency terminology and concepts, Basic