Strategic Sourcing Supervisor
Date published: 15-Nov-2017
Opportunity: Experienced Hire
Business Line: Telecom
Business Plan: PCR
The Telecommunications Division delivers telecommunication infrastructure solutions to utilities, local and state government agencies and the commercial wireless industry. Through a unique combination of experience, expert resources and innovative solutions, Black & Veatch supports the entire range of both legacy and emerging technologies used in today’s wireless and wireline networks, voice, video, Internet and data systems and utility automation.
Performs the duties of the position(s) supervised. Responsible for supervising an operational team within Strategic Sourcing. Specific responsibilities may vary. Will generally support required duties within the Strategic Sourcing Procurement Department. Will lead Strategic Sourcing Department initiatives, as assigned.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Has project specific or other related responsibilities or roles for the position(s) being supervised.
• Assists in the oversight of strategic sourcing activity and may coordinate staffing needs, ensuring projects are adequately staffed, recruiting support is provided, and resources are allocated timely and efficiently.
• Influences employment practices including but not limited to hiring, promoting, merit, professional development and disciplinary actions.
• Supports development of relevant department strategies.
• Responsible for implementation of relevant sections of corporate strategic plans.
• Enforces compliance with corporate policies and procedures.
• May manage and/or aid in the establishment of department budgets, including exportability, training, travel, etc.
• May participate in project reviews and supplier business reviews to ensure quality of strategic sourcing execution and timely resolution of issues.
• May administer performance management program for direct and indirect reports, including establishment of yearly goals, rating calibration, personnel development and training plans.
• May meet with external entities, including subcontractors, suppliers, and business partners to establish and maintain strategic relationships.
• May serve as a participant in various task forces, boards or committees involving change or audit of processes.
• Supervise work of others. Assists in hiring, discipline, and pay administration of subordinates. Supervise support staff and operational functions.
Minimum of seven (7) years of relevant experience. All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
BA or BS degree in Supply Chain Management, Business, Technical / Engineering, Construction Management or related field preferred. Years of relevant experience can substitute for a degree.
• Proficient Analytics – Creation and Interpretation
• Proficient Budget Development and Management
• Proficient Communication – Written and Oral
• Strong Computer – Database and MS Office
• Strong Contract Comprehension
• Proficient Manages Conflict
• Proficient Presentation Skills
• Strong Problem Solving
• Proficient Process and Technical Writing
• Proficient Project Process Management
• Proficient Schedule and Planning Understanding
• Basic Strategic Planning and Growth
• Proficient Training Development
• Proficient Workflow and Team Management
• Balances stakeholders
• Business insight
• Decision quality
• Ensures accountability
• Manages ambiguity
• Manages complexity
• Plans and aligns