Telecom Construction and Logistics Director
Date published: 2-Dec-2017
Opportunity: Experienced Hire
Business Line: Telecom
Business Plan: GMT
The Telecommunications Division delivers telecommunication infrastructure solutions to utilities, local and state government agencies and the commercial wireless industry. Through a unique combination of experience, expert resources and innovative solutions, Black & Veatch supports the entire range of both legacy and emerging technologies used in today’s wireless and wireline networks, voice, video, Internet and data systems and utility automation.
Responsible for managing operational support for Telecom Construction and Logistic Team. Areas may include functions such as strategy development & alignment, estimating, systems creation/refinement, subcontractor resources, purchasing, logistics, safety and cost control. Ensures policies, procedures, and processes are effectively developed, implemented, and communicated, as applicable.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for the creation and implementation of the Construction and Logistics execution strategy for the Telecom Business.
• Ensures appropriate alignment of resources to support Telecom projects.
• Responsible for identifying needed execution processes and procedures improvements, as well as working with key stakeholders to create supporting systems.
• Oversee the construction estimating group
• Ensure adequate subcontractor resources to support projects
• Responsible for developing and coordinating Telecom’s Construction and Logistics plan. Responsible for gaining commitments from stakeholders and establishing goals for the group.
• Responsible for achieving cost budgets for all construction projects.
• Responsible for the development and coordination of personnel development and training plans.
8+ years related experience in construction, logistics, or business operations.
All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
• Advanced financial acumen, understanding of financials such as Project Gross Margin (PGM), revenue, overhead costs, cash, and business/department income statements
• Basic knowledge of safety, legal, employment law, and procurement policies and procedures
• Basic understanding of information technology issues and software
• Basic industry knowledge
• General business acumen
• Basic knowledge of budgeting process and systems
• Bachelor’s degree, preferably business, finance, or HR-related. MBA preferred.