Lead Electrical Engineer
Date published: 7-Apr-2018
Opportunity: Experienced Hire
Business Plan: ENG
This position is for an lead electrical engineer with engineering background and over 10 years’ experience in mission critical data center design and team management. The candidate will work with a team of engineers and be responsible to develop, coordinate, and deliver complete design documents for large data center facilities in India and other countries in Asia.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Work in a team of electrical engineers that will be involved in all aspects of the design process. Should be able to disseminate industry specific knowledge with team.
• Work with the client and be the point of contact on all decisions related to design.
• Coordinate with the US office of B&V Data Centers on design issues and project milestones.
• Coordinate with the client and prepare project schedule for design-phase deliverables
Education: Requires a bachelor's degree in electrical engineering from either a recognized accredited program in their home country or the country in which the professional is practicing.
Experience: Minimum of 10 years related work experience in detailed design engineering of data center Electrical Topology, redundancy, and Tier classifications. Be able to size, design, and specify all aspects of electrical and power distribution systems for medium to large scale Data Centers including utility service, generator tie-in, switchgear distribution, UPS, PDU, BUSS bar distribution and termination to IT racks and servers. In addition, the candidate shall be proficient in lighting design and controls, fire alarm systems, MV/ LV systems, grounding and lightning protection,. Conduct power system studies, short circuit-breaker coordination studies using ETAP or SKM or other recognized software. prepare detailed construction drawings, electrical single line diagrams, equipment specifications..
Preferred Job Qualifications:
• REVIT 2016 or higher
• ETAP or SKM
• Written Communications
• Drive For Results
• Decision Quality
• Priority Setting
• Directing Others
• Conflict Management
• Dealing with Ambiguity
• Customer Focus
• Building Effective Teams
• Advanced knowledge of engineering design principles and applicable design guides and standards related to assigned engineering discipline.