Lead Mechanical Engineer, Data Centers
Date published: 12-Jan-2019
Opportunity: Experienced Hire
Business Plan: ENG
This position is for a lead mechanical engineer with engineering background and over 10 years’ experience in mission critical data center design and team management. The candidate will work with a team of engineers and be responsible to develop, coordinate, and deliver complete design documents for large data center facilities in the US, India and other countries in Asia.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Work with a team of mechanical engineers that will be involved in all aspects of the design process. Should be willing to disseminate industry specific knowledge with team.
• Work with the client and be the point of contact on all decisions related to design.
• Coordinate with the US office of B&V Data Centers on design issues and project milestones.
• Coordinate with the client and prepare project schedule for design-phase deliverables
Education: Requires a bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering from either a recognized accredited program in their home country or the country in which the professional is practicing.
Experience: Minimum of 8 years related work experience in detailed design engineering of HVAC , Fire Protection, and plumbing systems for for medium to large scale Data Center. Candidate shall also be capable of designing diesel fuel oil distribution, building automation systems, and chilled water systems. Prepare detailed construction drawings, mechanical single line diagrams, , building automation sequences/schematics/point lists, equipment specifications. Candidate shall be able to size and perform cooling loads, plumbing loads, fire calculations, energy calculations, and coordinate with electrical engineer and other disciplines
Preferred Job Qualifications:
• Revit 2015 or later
• Cooling Load software such as TRANE Trace
• MS-Office Suite
• Written Communications
• Drive For Results
• Decision Quality
• Priority Setting
• Directing Others
• Conflict Management
• Dealing with Ambiguity
• Customer Focus
• Building Effective Teams
• Advanced knowledge of engineering design principles and applicable design guides and standards related to assigned engineering discipline.