Engineering Manager- Water Business Line
Date published: 7-Nov-2018
Opportunity: Experienced Hire
Business Line: Water
Business Plan: ENG
Black & Veatch delivers design, procurement and construction solutions that help to provide safe drinking water and effective wastewater management to communities worldwide. We serve public and private clients of every size with a strong focus on life cycle economy, efficiency and reliability.<br><br>We find innovative solutions to protect water at its source, treat it to the highest standards, and deliver it to homes and businesses. Then we collect and treat wastewater before reintroducing it safely back into the environment.
The Engineering Manager is responsible for the technical planning and design of water distribution, treatment, and wastewater collection and treatment systems. This person will assume leadership responsibilities such as scope, budget and scheduling projects; guiding younger staff and identifying developmental growth opportunities; and developing strong relationships with municipal utilities, contractors, and other consultants
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manage the design of water and wastewater treatment facilities, water distribution pipelines and wastewater collection systems
• Oversee Quality Control process in accordance with company policy
• Coordinate with state and federal regulatory agencies for design and permitting
• Bidding and procurement of construction contractors
• Support Project Managers in execution of project scope, schedule, and budget
• Leverage professional networking skills to help identify and pursue project opportunities
• Lead preparation of complex engineering project documents, client presentations, client contact and communication pertaining to specific project deliverables
• Lead multi-discipline project teams to achieve project delivery in a timely manner with a focus on quality while exceeding client expectations
• Provide creativity and ideas for marketing and pursuit opportunities
• Provide guidance and training to younger staff engineers
Requires a bachelor's degree in engineering from either a recognized accredited program in their home country or the country in which the professional is practicing. Minimum of 8 years related work experience. All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering
• A minimum of 8 years professional experience managing and leading a multidisciplinary team to deliver water and wastewater facility design projects
• Maryland, Virginia or Washington DC PE (or the ability to obtain within 90 days of start date)
When you join Black & Veatch as a full-time professional, we offer a broad package of healthcare options, including medical, dental, vision, global and business travel. We offer generous vacation time and paid holidays.
On the financial side, Black & Veatch is an employee-owned company. This means our professionals can acquire shares of company stock via a company-matched 401K plan and through the annual discretionary retirement contribution program.
In addition, we have a robust tuition reimbursement program designed to broaden your education, vendor discounts and the B&V Credit Union, where low-interest loans can be conveniently deducted from your paycheck. We offer flexible work schedules, both short- and long-term disability insurance, and an outstanding retirement program. Other key benefits include a wellness program and adoption reimbursement.