Civil Design Technician 5
Date published: 1-Jul-2018
Opportunity: Experienced Hire
Business Line: Telecom
Business Plan: ENT
The Telecommunications Division delivers telecommunication infrastructure solutions to utilities, local and state government agencies and the commercial wireless industry. Through a unique combination of experience, expert resources and innovative solutions, Black & Veatch supports the entire range of both legacy and emerging technologies used in today’s wireless and wireline networks, voice, video, Internet and data systems and utility automation.
Contract with potential to convert to permanent. Functions in a lead engineering technician capacity. Under general direction, modify or create deliverables and may perform assignments of a design nature by applying basic engineering principles and established design practices to develop moderately complex design concepts. Provide technical guidance and may provide direction to other engineering professionals.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Vendor Management is 30%
Plan Review/production-Site Solutions 40%
Budget Management is 20%
Site Walks is 10%
An Engineering Technician’s primary responsibility is to work collaboratively with the Engineer Manager and the design/engineering team on the production of high quality deliverables on telecommunications projects, in accordance with engineering practices and Divisional policies.
Additionally, the Engineering Technician will:
1. Help lead the delivery of our work products and services to our Client’s satisfaction.
2. Work closely with the Engineer Manager, permitting personnel, and Construction Managers in delivering projects that meet budget, scope, schedule, and quality goals.
3. Help manage and administrate Vendor Purchase Orders and approve invoices for 3rd Party engineering services for projects.
4. Develop good working relationships and communications with the Engineering Manager, Site Acquisition personnel, Construction Managers, Client representatives and Engineering Vendors.
Responsibilities identified herein define the minimum expectations for the position of Engineer.
• Keep the Engineer Manager, Market Engineering team, Permitting and Construction personnel fully advised as to progress of the work and any developments involving change in the scope of the contract work or otherwise which could affect the contract requirements and fee and/or Client relationships.
• Review the Client’s comments and success parameters and verify that the Client’s concerns are addressed. Check for impact on schedules, budget, and construction cost, and advise the Project Manager of any needed changes.
• Monitor and evaluate quality and progress of engineering subcontractor’s work and self-performed work.
• Attend Joint-Scoping meetings.
• Attend Client review meetings.
• Attend Jurisdiction review meetings as required.
• Understand project milestones. Monitor status of milestones, and provide regular update of such to the project team.
• Consult with and advise the Engineering Manager, Permitting staff and Construction Managers, regarding any questions raised in connection with the work.
• Maintain liaison with Production team(s), Permitting team, and Construction Managers regarding constructability, design, and operations and communicate lessons learned to the Engineering Manager and the project team.
• Support the Engineering Manager and market personnel in maintaining contact with the Client to monitor experience with project, Client’s satisfaction, and suggestions.
Records & Project Close-out
• Maintain project records and files, in project specified document management system.
All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
Diploma or Certificate preferred. Associate Degree in Drafting or an Engineering Design Related Technology preferred. Typically a minimum of 5 years related work experience. Preferred Non-Technical Competencies: • Learning on the Fly • Problem Solving • Perseverance • Patience • Time Management • Drive for Results • Self Development • Customer Focus • Listening • Informing Preferred Technical Competencies: • Experience in the appropriate electronic applications and programs required for performing assignments to include but not limited to CADD or other electronic applications. • Intermediate knowledge of engineering standards, systems, document control, departmental guides and B&V policies and procedures. • Intermediate industry knowledge and technology trends • Intermediate knowledge of company quality program • Advanced ability to interpret engineering deliverable content as assigned. • Intermediate knowledge of other disciplines • Basic knowledge of construction & constructability practices & principles • Basic knowledge of engineering design principles and applicable design guides related to assigned engineering discipline • Basic knowledge of procurement & contract administration