Date published: 10-May-2018
Opportunity: Experienced Hire
Business Line: Water
Business Plan: MAC
Black & Veatch delivers design, procurement and construction solutions that help to provide safe drinking water and effective wastewater management to communities worldwide. We serve public and private clients of every size with a strong focus on life cycle economy, efficiency and reliability.<br><br>We find innovative solutions to protect water at its source, treat it to the highest standards, and deliver it to homes and businesses. Then we collect and treat wastewater before reintroducing it safely back into the environment.
This is a temporary role, with possibility of turning into a permanent role.
Senior-level support position with broader responsibilities in one or more of the following related areas: marketing, communications, event coordination, branding, and proposal support. This position understands the strategy/vision of the assigned work group and works under frequent supervision. Tasks are assigned to this position. This position typically requires working knowledge of business practices and procedures, generally obtained on the job, and applies standard principles, theories and concepts. Responsible for planning and scheduling of daily tasks to be performed and makes choices on work prioritization with some assistance. Uses standard instructions, written manuals and documents to perform duties. Frequently receives guidance from other team members or management. Consults with team leaders and/or management to develop schedules, milestones, and priorities.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Applies standard brand guidelines.
• Applies standard principles, theories and concepts in copyediting.
• Reviews simple communications to verify that company standards are met.
• Writes, reviews or edits routine communications for style, grammar, spelling, punctuation as well as content for accuracy. Drafts initial copy content as requested.
• Conducts assigned research and authenticity verification.
• Works with internal sources to develop material and content.
• Coordinates or collects information.
• Prepares layout and format of less routine documents.
• May provide basic support of client presentations and other general less complex sales support requests.
• Assists with development of simple marketing collateral and edits, proofreads and writes less routine company marketing collateral.
• Assists with the planning, researching and preparing content for a variety of pursuit applications including project experience sheets, bio data sheets, statements of qualifications, proposals and other pursuit related collateral.
• Contacts internal sources to develop material and content. Event Coordinating:
• Provides assistance in the planning of significant company meetings, conferences, trade show activities and events
• Reviews space requirements and recommends placement.
• Assists in coordination of installation of specialized equipment and facilities, travel and shipping arrangements, catering, etc.
• Assigned and presents specific planning projects by management staff.
• Applies standard principles, theories and concepts in meeting/conference and event planning.
0-1+ years related experience.
All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
Bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred with no experience.
• Basic written and verbal communication skills
• Basic computer skills
• Basic problem solving and organization skills
• Basic knowledge of marketing/ branding/ communications concepts
• Basic multi tasking skills and attention to detail
• Basic interpersonal and networking skills
• Basic research and analysis skills
• Works with written as well as verbal direction
Preferred Marketing Competencies:
• Basic knowledge of marketing and advertising media including print, audio, internet, video etc.
• Basic editorial skills
Preferred Proposals Competencies:
• Basic knowledge of company services and marketing strategies
• Working knowledge of the business practices and procedures
Preferred Event Coordinating Competencies:
• Basic knowledge of event planning policies and procedures