Drafting Engineering Technician 1
Date published: 14-Apr-2018
Opportunity: Experienced Hire
Business Line: Telecom
Business Plan: ENT
The Telecommunications Division delivers telecommunication infrastructure solutions to utilities, local and state government agencies and the commercial wireless industry. Through a unique combination of experience, expert resources and innovative solutions, Black & Veatch supports the entire range of both legacy and emerging technologies used in today’s wireless and wireline networks, voice, video, Internet and data systems and utility automation.
Contract to hire opportunity. Under close supervision, performs engineering technician work requiring basic technical knowledge utilizing electronic applications, processes, standards and document control processes/procedures for the purpose of creating or modifying deliverables.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Engineering Standards: Develops familiarity by reading, understanding and maintaining a working knowledge of standards, systems, document control, departmental guides and B&V policies and procedures.
• Quality / Continuous Improvement: Ensures that deliverables are accurate and compliant by developing an understanding and complying with the B&V Quality Program. Demonstrates personal accuracy and supports continuous improvement and change management efforts.
• Engineering Production: Learns the applications required to modify less complex deliverables based on a variety of design inputs.
• Client Focus: Learns to identify the needs of internal clients and begins to gain a basic understanding of external client's main interests and drivers.
• Knowledge Sharing, Innovation and Technology: Proactively seeks and shares knowledge of latest technologies and processes.
No previous engineering work experience required.
All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
Diploma or Certificate preferred. Associate Degree in Drafting or an Engineering Design Related Technology preferred.
Preferred Non-Technical Competencies:
• Learning on the Fly
• Problem Solving
• Time Management
• Drive for Results
• Self Development
• Customer Focus
Preferred Technical Competencies:
• Working knowledge of Computer Automated Drafting Design (CADD) or other applications or design or modeling skills.
• Basic knowledge of engineering standards, systems, document control, departmental guides and B&V policies and procedures.
• Basic industry knowledge and technology trends
• Basic knowledge of company quality program