Date published: 14-Oct-2017
Opportunity: Experienced Hire
Business Line: Management Consulting
Business Plan: CST
Provides technical or industry knowledge to contribute to the completion of multiple engagement phases. Demonstrate capabilities with moderate level of oversight and collaboration with more senior level professionals. Scope and size of projects they contribute to are generally smaller or they may own a smaller portion of a larger project. May lead a small to medium size effort or project team. May delegate team work assignments through various phases of an engagement. May manage projects from prospect to client deliverable.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Transfers knowledge, capabilities, and skills to improve others’ knowledge and skill levels
• Enhances established working relationships with team members and management from within the client’s organization
• Contributes to quality review on own engagements
• Ascertains and meets client expectations within scope of engagement role
• Develops applicable knowledge bases by using best practices to redefine tools and techniques. Outlines specific performance measures, targets, and goals to articulate the business case for realized efficiencies or added value
• Challenges client’s current strategy and direction through persuasive argument. Defines competitive advantage and achievable value to the client through use of the strategic change components and metrics. Formulates issue-based hypotheses and develops analytical plan for testing. Contributes to analysis of impact of strategic changes by defining linkages and interdependencies.
Industry Knowledge Capability:
• Utilizes specialized knowledge to produce moderately complex work products and solutions across many phases of an engagement or one phase of a more complex engagement
• Applies appropriate methods or recognized equivalent to identified client needs
• Anticipates and resolves technical problems with occasional technical assistance from others
• Develops, presents, and defends conclusions, recommendations, and implementation plans
• Contributes to quality reviews of assigned engagements
• Identifies technical issues impacting an engagement and proposes solutions
• Analyzes and applies best practices knowledge of the industry
Project Management Capability (where applicable):
• Manages client expectations within defined scope of engagement
• Recommends appropriate resources based on the phases of an assignment
• Delegates work to assigned team members
• Uses defined processes and practices in assessing engagement risks
• Manages engagement issues in less complex projects or escalates issues in more complex projects
• Billable Hours and business development targets established in annual goal setting process.
• Typically an individual Contributor and may act in a capacity of a "lead person". Generally does not have have management responsibility for the people to whom they provide work direction. Positions receiving work direction: Analyst, Consulting, Sr. Analyst, Consulting and Consultant. May also act as a project manager of a project team. Individuals comoprising this team may vary by project.
Bachelor’s Degree or relevant work experience.
All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
Master’s degree preferred. Typically 7+ years experience in a business/consulting environment.
• Knowledge of a complete engagement lifecycle.
• Developing business development capability.
• Advanced technical or industry knowledge.
• Knowledge base in two or more solution areas.
• Advanced knowledge in one or more aspects of consulting processes.
• Human relations skills including collaboration and team functions.
• Ability to understand team functions and lead operation in an engagement environment.
• Ability to operate multiple software packages.
• Advanced PC literacy.
Preferred Consultant Competencies:
• Action Oriented
• Business Acumen
• Comfort Around Higher Management
• Customer Focus
• Dealing with Ambiguity
• Interpersonal Savvy
• Learning on the Fly