Managing Director/ Executive, Oil & Gas Practice - Management Consulting
Date published: 12-Oct-2018
Opportunity: Experienced Hire
Business Line: Management Consulting
Business Plan: CST
Building a World of Difference…it’s more than just a tag line, it is the passion that fuels Black & Veatch’s global success. <br><br>As a leading employee-owned engineering, consulting and construction company we have an unparalleled commitment to our clients and the communities they serve. Black & Veatch Management Consulting is seeking exceptional Oil & Gas industry leaders to join our organization as we continue to grow and expand our service offerings. The world is changing at an unprecedented rate and that change increases the demand for innovation and efficiency to deliver solutions and services across the world’s energy and utility infrastructure. Join Black & Veatch Management Consulting and use your talent and expertise to impact the world.
• Developing and executing a plan to grow our business across the oil & gas value chain including upstream, midstream and downstream segments
• Developing, deploying and delivering contemporary solutions to complex problems to address market trends in the areas of connected enterprise, capital efficiency, or new energy.
• Development of a portfolio of selected accounts within an industry segment, representing the Management Consulting industry strategies and value propositions.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Contributes to or leads the development and implementation of the strategic direction and objectives of the service offerings within oil & gas.
• Leads development of products and/or services that align with business objectives.
• Engages in business origination and account management with responsibility for generating agreed upon target revenues and margins.
o Seeks opportunities with existing or new clients.
o Creates leverage and strengthens productive key relationships within client organizations to generate new business.
• Transfers knowledge, capabilities, and skills to improve others’ knowledge and skill levels.
• Delegates work duties according to the development opportunities and needs of individuals.
• Supports a budget and staffing responsibilities.
• Serves as an adviser to engagement teams.
This position is virtual/remote requiring travel up to 80%.
Bachelor’s degree or relevant work experience. Has successfully managed multiple engagements simultaneously. Contributor or leader to acquire new engagements. 12-15+ years in a business/consulting environment. All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
• 5 years of experience in one or more of the following areas:
o Executive-level consultative sales
o Infrastructure capital advisory services
o Management consulting in our areas of focus, particularly focused on operational processes and IT/OT transformation
o Leadership of development or sales of critical business and technology offerings in our areas of focus
• Strong Business Acumen
• Strategic Agility
• Understanding of financial metrics including PGM, revenue, overhead costs, Profit & Loss, and Project Financials
• Proposal and contract negotiating skills which includes knowledge of terms, risks, pricing, and payment terms
• Excellent communications/human relations and presentation skills (written, verbal, client service)