Managing Director/Executive Opportunities
Date published: 11-May-2018
Opportunity: Experienced Hire
Business Line: Management Consulting
Business Plan: CST
Building a World of Difference…it’s more than just a tag line, it is the passion that fuels Black & Veatch’s global success. <br><br>As the leading employee-owned engineering, consulting and construction company we have an unparalleled committed to our clients and the communities they serve. Black & Veatch is seeking exceptional leaders to join our Management Consulting organization in Managing Director and Executive leadership roles. The world is changing at an unprecedented rate and that change increases the demand for innovation and efficiency to deliver solutions and services across the world’s utility infrastructure. Join Black & Veatch Management Consulting and use your talent and expertise to impact the world.
Managing Directors and Executive Leaders will be responsible for:
• Developing and executing a plan to grow our business in power, water, or oil & gas.
• Developing, deploying and delivering contemporary solutions to complex problems to address market trends in the areas of connected enterprise, capital efficiency, or new energy/ water.
• Development of a portfolio of selected accounts within an industry segment, which can be one or more, representing the Management Consulting industry strategy and value propositions.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Contributes to or leads the development and implementation of the strategic direction and objectives of a service offering within a business line • Leads development of products and/or services • Transfers knowledge, capabilities, and skills to improve others’ knowledge and skill levels. • Delegates work duties according to the development opportunities and needs of individuals • Manages a budget and staffing responsibilities • Creates leverage and strengthens productive key relationships within client organizations. Seeks opportunities with existing or new clients. • Assists with building and implementing strategies that align with the business objectives. • Serves as an adviser to engagement teams.
10 years of consulting or industry experience
5 years of resource industry experience including investment infrastructure and large commercial enterprises
All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
• 5 years of experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Infrastructure capital advisory services, especially in energy renewables
- Management consulting in our areas of focus, particularly focused on operational processed and IT/OT transformation
- Leadership of development or sales of critical business and technology offerings in our areas of focus
• Strong Business Acumen
• Strategic Agility
• Understanding of financial metrics including PGM, revenue, overhead costs, Profit & Loss, and Project Financials
• Proposal and contract negotiating skills which includes knowledge of terms, risks, pricing, and payment terms
• Excellent communications/human relations presentation skills (written, verbal, client service)