Managing Director/ Executive, Power Industry (Management Consulting)
Date published: 1-Nov-2018
Opportunity: Experienced Hire
Business Line: Management Consulting
Business Plan: CST
Building a World of Difference…it’s more than just a tag line, it is the passion that fuels Black & Veatch’s global success. <br><br>As a leading employee-owned engineering, consulting and construction company we have an unparalleled commitment to our clients and the communities they serve. Black & Veatch Management Consulting is seeking exceptional Oil & Gas industry leaders to join our organization as we continue to grow and expand our service offerings. The world is changing at an unprecedented rate and that change increases the demand for innovation and efficiency to deliver solutions and services across the world’s energy and utility infrastructure. Join Black & Veatch Management Consulting and use your talent and expertise to impact the world.
• The Power Industry Executive for Black & Veatch Management Consulting has P&L responsibility for the firm’s largest business line and is directly accountable for developing and delivering the market and account strategy regarding grid-related initiatives for electric utilities
• Identify, sell and direct innovative solutions to complex problems addressing market trends in the areas of critical infrastructure, connected enterprise, capital deployment or progressive next-generation energy solutions, for utilities and commercial and Industrial clients
• Select and develop a portfolio of selected accounts across an industry segment, reflecting the Management Consulting offering strategy and value propositions
• Serve as the primary liaison between Management Consulting and the broader B&V offering EPC services to the power market
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Leads the development of the strategic direction and go-to-market objectives of the service offerings targeting the power industry.
• P&L responsibilities.
• Creates leverage and strengthens profitable relationships within client organizations.
• Drives business development opportunities with existing and new clients.
• Crafts client solutions and actionable strategies that align with the overall business unit growth objectives.
This position is virtual/remote requiring travel up to 80%.
• 15 years of consulting experience including 5 years of delivery experience
• 5 years of power industry experience including investment infrastructure, and large commercial enterprises
• Proven success building and growing a practice generating $75M+ in annual revenue
• 3 years of experience directing the full client engagement lifecycle for a large consulting firm - proposal through delivery and project expansion
• All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
• 5 years of experience in one or more of the following areas:
o Infrastructure advisory and planning for conventional and renewable assets
o Grid Modernization from the Substation to Behind-the-Meter, including expertise in SCADA, AMI, DA, DMS, OMS, MDM, and DRMS)
o Asset and Data Management
o Distributed Energy Resource Strategy to Implementation
o Utility Rates and Regulation
• Customer Experience programs and platforms Strong Business Acumen
• Strategic Agility
• Understand the financial drivers and possess the business acumen to forecast, manage, and operate a significant project-based business
• Skilled in constructing a deal win strategy, financial structure, and negotiate multi-year, Statements of Work including terms, risk mitigation, pricing, and payment terms
• Experience building a successful and sustainable consulting practice.
• Excellent communication presentation, and social engineering skills (written, verbal, and interpersonal)