Managing Director, Transactions Management Consulting Practice
Date published: 12-Oct-2018
Opportunity: Experienced Hire
Business Line: Management Consulting
Business Plan: CST
Building a World of Difference…it’s more than just a tag line, it is the passion that fuels Black & Veatch's global success. <br><br>As the leading employee-owned engineering, consulting and construction company we have an unparalleled commitment to our clients and the communities they serve. Black & Veatch Management Consulting is seeking exceptional leaders to join team as we continue to grow and expand our services. The world is changing at an unprecedented rate and that change increases the demand for innovation and efficiency to deliver solutions and services across the world’s energy and utility infrastructure. Join Black & Veatch Management Consulting and use your talent and expertise to impact the world.
The Business Development Leader within B&V Management Consulting’s highly regarded and growing Transactions Consulting Practice. Contributes to the strategic plan and direction for the practice and organization. Drive the process to acquire new clients and engagements and responsible for all aspects of assigned engagements. Utilize capabilities exhibiting thought leadership. Provides technical or industry knowledge to contribute to the completion of all engagement phases. The Transactions Consulting Practice provides highly desired services in these market segments including: independent engineering (both buy and sell-side), bankability solutions, and familiarity with traditional utility and infrastructure assets, including renewable development, direct experience in PE or transaction advisory, and account management experience working with developers, PE, and financial institutions.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Plan, market, and sell world-class consulting solutions in the Power, Water, Renewable Energy sector with a holistic, multi-disciplinary approach that integrates strategic, financial and expertise-based advisory services to private and investor-owned utility companies, municipalities, and government agencies.
• Responsible for account leadership and relationship management with top tier lending and private equity institutions focusing on critical asset transactions, (both buy and sell-side), and independent engineering.
• Prospect for potential leads within target accounts and uncover transactions/lender’s engineer service needs
• Develop and cultivate a qualified sales pipeline
• Gain and share understanding of prospect’s organization, processes, business strategies, product or service offerings and decision-making structures
• Serve as Subject Matter Expert including preparing quarterly project financial reviews
• Accountable for reporting the status of opportunities, next steps and discuss potential risks with the wider sales and account management team.
Location: Virtual role based in the New York City Greater Metro area with the ability to travel as needed.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 12 years of experience in finance and/or consulting.
• 5 years of work experience supporting the energy, water and utility industries.
• All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
• Master’s Degree
• 3 years of experience performing as a lead consultant for transactions/lender’s engineers
• 3 years of experience in participating in orals presentations, serving as expert witness, and/or regulatory testimony
• Experience in bankability of emerging technologies, M&A of utility assets (fossil fueled, renewable and transmission).
• Familiarity with current policy and capital prioritization trends as the energy ecosystem and markets evolve and become increasingly distributed.
• Previous proven sales success more than $6-8 million preferred; sales and marketing campaign development skills
• Strong knowledge and understanding of utilities industry; knowledge of industry business drivers and motivators
• Proposal and contract negotiating skills which includes knowledge of terms, risks, pricing, and payment terms.