Managing Director of Sales, Atonix Digital
Date published: 8-Apr-2018
Opportunity: Experienced Hire
Business Line: Atonix Digital
Business Plan: SAM
The Managing Director, Sales recruits, trains and manages a high performing sales team (Strategic Accounts, Enterprise Accounts, and Channel Accounts) to exceed sales goals and objectives for Atonix Digital, LLC. This includes but is not limited to managing assigned Sales Managers, supporting leadership for follow-on sales, and mentoring/developing client-facing sales professionals within the Business. Oversees and directs overall sales operations for Atonix through planning and forecasting. Primary responsibilities include development of Sales Managers, communicating goals and strategies, and team collaboration. Develops sales business objectives to implement throughout the organization on which to measure success and productivity.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for recruiting, training and managing a high performing sales team and their respective performance and professional development goals/objectives.
• Leveraging strategic sales tools such as TAS, Miller Heiman or other methodologies, the Chief Sales Officer will incorporate these disciplines into the cadence of the business.
• Provides mentoring and professional development to professionals on the sales team. Ensures the team is fully trained on and consistently applies Atonix’s sales methodology.
• Acts as an advisor/coach to the sales team on consultative sales strategy while maintaining a positive and motivational work environment.
• Responsible for supporting strategic plannning, and development of tactics to grow market share to meet Business objectives.
• Responsible for leading the planning and execution of sales strategies for Atonix.
• Oversight of the development and cultivation of a well-qualified sales pipeline using automated customer relationship management tools (e.g. Microsoft CRM). Ensures CRM system accurately reflects status of all sales opportunities and that the volume of the pipeline is adequate for each person to achieve his/her objectives.
• Ensures the sales team overall maintains sufficient level of qualified sales pipeline to meet annual objectives. Monitors performance to goals and ensure accountability within the sales team. Is responsible for the team’s monthly, quarterly and annual term quota.
• Provides assistance to the sales team and Subject Matter Experts (SMEs), and Practice Leaders to close large, complex deals directly with senior client executives.
• Gain and share understanding of client segment’s organization, budgets, priorities and strategies, processes, and decision-making structures.
• Effectively negotiate with multiple levels of executive management within prospective client and teaming partner organizations.
• Ability to organize and execute effective public speaking and written media with practice related organizations within the industry. Works closely with Marketing and Public Relations to develop program, content and collateral to drive leads. Supports marketing in gathering information for and developing case studies and white papers. Is an active partner with marketing to improve demand gen and go-to market strategies.
• Use in-depth knowledge and insight of key competitors to create compelling reasons for clients to engage with the Business.
• Communicate the status of opportunities, clearly articulate next steps and discuss potential risks with the wider sales and account management team in meetings.
Education: Bachelor’s degree required. Advanced degree preferred from accredited university.
Experience: 10+ year’s related experience; including experience leading a sales team.
All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
• Demonstrates strong leadership capabilities; creates a positive and motivating work environment; sets stretch goals and objectives, pushing the team to perform at higher levels.
• Proven track record of effectively leading a sales team; develops and coaches salespeople; helps the team close deals, as needed; spots issues ahead of time; sees future opportunities; ensure the sales team meets or exceeds their quotas.
• Proven track record in sales creation and leadership; applies sales and channel process methodology; experienced in channel sales expansion.
• Strong business acumen; demonstrates willingness to deeply understand the Atonix business; understands the products and platforms; has the ability to establish and manage external relationships; and the ability to represent Atonix with clients. Also understands businesses on a global scale.
• Strong financial acumen; has experience in developing, owning and managing a sales budget.
• Strong communication skills; must also be able to effectively communicate technical concepts to executives and general audiences. Has experience interfacing with and presenting to C-level executives. Evangelizes the Atonix value proposition in webinars, at tradeshows and events.
• Demonstrates strategic agility; sees ahead clearly, can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately, has broad knowledge and perspective, is future oriented, can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods.
• Strong client focus; is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirement of clients, gets first-hand client information and uses it for improvements in solutions, acts with client in mind, establishes and maintains effective relationship with clients and gains their trust and respect.