Marketing/Business Development Analyst
Date published: 10-May-2018
Opportunity: Experienced Hire
Business Line: Power
Business Plan: MAC
Tracks and reports key Power prospects; and directly engages in sales funnel analysis, tracking and reporting; directly involved in Power continuous strategic planning preparation, including portfolio analysis. Leads sales funnel analysis and reporting; guides strategic pursuits; interact with senior Power leadership on sales processes and forecasting; validate sales funnel information in relationship to Power BI reporting. Collects and analyzes data to identify trends, market potential, competitive forces, and penetration/segmentation strategies.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Reviews Prospect Lists and sales funnel data obtained from CRM to ensure prospects are identified; compiles information into clear, accurate and concise reports.
• Develops and maintains marketing data bases involving internally driven or externally derived information sources.
• Manages EPC Prospect Screening Process and ensures completeness of Screening Documentation, working with Business Development professionals and Power Proposals to review and update; responsible to guide the use of various Business Development forms including: Bluesheet, Go/Get, Risk Form, and Screening Summary documents.
• Prepares presentations and reports for management regarding sales funnel, prospects and portfolio analysis.
• Process owner for Client segmentation process; requires the updating of all data associated with evaluations and includes a coordinated effort between Marketing, Applied Intelligence, Business Development, and Finance.
• Guides responses to business pursuits including RFI’s; develops value proposition messaging.
• Supports inputs into the Construction business Growth Assessment including meeting facilitation, documentation, upkeep, action item follow up, CRM prospect tracking and BD coordination.
• Recommends and implements future sales reporting process improvements on local, regional, national or worldwide basis; includes Power BI reporting aligned to CRM data; prepares and provides analysis of “hit rate” information as part of new business tracking/reporting.
• Conducts strategic analysis and presents findings and strategic recommendations to senior management; assists in projecting/forecasting future market trends as part of the Power business continuous strategic planning and portfolio analysis process.
• Teaming with Applied Intelligence function, ensures internal customers are provided with relevant, up-to-date competitive, client, and market intelligence and information.
• Prepares for and facilitates prospect review sessions and leads sales funnel analysis and reporting.
• Individual contributor with no subordinates; requires strong collaboration skills
Bachelor’s degree in marketing or a related field; or equivalent experience. 6+ years related experience. All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering or a related field; or equivalent experience in B2B services settings.
• Experience with Microsoft Dynamics CRM & Power BI Tool.
• Knowledge and understanding of Business Development/Sales and Marketing practices; pursuits, tools, processes, proposals and traditional marketing functions.
• Data analytics/ sales process experience.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong problem solving and organization skills.
• Advanced knowledge of marketing concepts.
• Intermediate multi-tasking skills and attention to detail.
• Expert knowledge in market research fields and the ability to integrate critical information from many diverse areas.
• Strong Business Acumen and both theoretical and practical knowledge of Engineering, Procurement and Construction Industry.