Date published: 12-Jul-2018
Opportunity: Experienced Hire
Business Plan: PCR
BVCI, a proud part of the BV family of companies, offers union shop construction services for on-time, on-budget project delivery.<br><br>Our professionals deliver solid dependable solutions for industrial construction projects of all sizes, enabling us to provide leading construction services for our clients. Together, we have an integrated approach to project execution with an emphasis on safety, quality, cost, and schedule.<br><br>Our Services<br>We work with our clients on EPC as well as construction-only projects. We self-perform projects by executing direct hire labor as well as utilizing subcontractor elements.<br><br>We continue to expand our services offered and build our project backlog. <br><br>Now is the time to work at BVCI!
Provides support to the project team with complex materials functions such as material receiving, inspection, storage, maintenance and issuance to ensure project equipment and materials are avaible to support the construction schedule. Responsible for integrity and use of the Material/Inventory Management System.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for the physical receipt, inspection and documentation of incoming/outgoing project materials and equipment.
• Responsible for completing the project specific Materials Management Procedure.
• Plans, organize, implements and maintains project specific Site Receiving Rules, Laydown Areas and Warehouse Space.
• Manages and allocates warehouse/laydown areas, ensures proper housekeeping is maintained and inventory counts are completed as needed.
• Ensures all materials are received, inspected, stored, maintained and issued in a timely and compliant manner.
• Trains employees, staff and/or craft labor on proper receiving, storage and maintenance procedures.
• Liaisons with appropriate engineering and procurement personnel to ensure timely delivery of project materials and equipment.
• Manages the OS&D process with supply vendors and coordinates with procurement as needed.
• Ensures proper creation, filing, and dissemination of all Material related paperwork.
• Maintains the Material/Inventory Management System used by the project.
• Ensures preventive maintenance is tracked and completed on a timely basis to support warranty protection if applicable.
• Monitors the collection of surplus, scrap and salvageable materials.
• Tracks materials returned to vendor.
• Responsible for metric reporting on inventory, issues, location, OS&D's, Preventive Maintenance, Equipment Usage, Receiving and Spare Parts.
• Records and tracks material issues from storage area to construction.
• Establishes goals and measure performance of the project materials organization. • Ensures field compliance with appropriate corporate and field specific procedures that insure that sound construction and business practices are maintained.
• Supports continuous improvement efforts and the change management effects associated with the implementation of improvements.
• Supervises work of others. Responsible for hiring, discipline, and pay administration of their subordinates.
List supervised positions: Field Materials Controller and Field Materials Clerk. May also oversee craft personnel on a direct hire project under the direct supervision of discipline superintendent.
Minimum seven (7) years relevant experience without a degree. All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
*** This position is not available for visa sponsorship.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
BA or BS degree in Supply Chain, Business, Technical / Engineering, Construction Management or related field (preferred). Relevant experience may be substituted for a degree. Global experience preferred.
• Basic Analytics - Creation and Interpretation
• Strong Attention to Detail
• Strong Communication - Written and Oral
• Strong Computer - Database and MS Office
• Strong Contract Comprehension
• Strong Data Entry
• Proficient Mathematics
• Strong Organizing Data
• Strong Problem Solving
• Proficient Project Process Management
• Proficient Schedule and Planning Understanding
• Decision quality
• Ensures accountability
• Manages ambiguity
• Manages complexity
• Plans and aligns