Mechanical Engineer 2
Date published: 29-Apr-2018
Opportunity: Experienced Hire
Business Plan: ENG
For initial role, our client seeks Mechanical Engineer to support design and development at the client site. Black & Veatch will provide a Mechanical Engineer who will work as part of the client’s mechanical design team. The Mechanical Engineer will be responsible for performing a variety of design tasks under the direction of a client senior engineer and/or senior designer.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Coordinate duct and pipe routing with an understanding of space requirements
• Participate in QA/QC process
• Recommend standards and workflows to meet specialized needs or to facilitate team’s BIM capabilities
• Organize and prepare complex designs based on verbal specifications or written layouts from rough sketches
• Facilitate the development of schematics, air flow diagrams, and process and instrumentation diagrams
• Candidate should be proficient in using Revit for layout and design coordination of HVAC and piping systems and the production of detailed design drawings.
• Proficiency with AutoCAD and Revit; knowledge of Navisworks is a plus
• Familiarity with codes, standards, and guidelines
• Ability to handle multiple tasks and deadlines
• Minimum of 2 years’ HVAC design experience
• Knowledge of controls and instrumentation is a plus
All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
Black & Veatch Engineer will work on-site for the period of time requested by the client and mutually agreed between the client and B&V. Expected duration of assignment is three to six months.