Project Controls Sr. Associate - Cost Control
Date published: 4-Aug-2018
Opportunity: Experienced Hire
Business Line: Telecom
Business Plan: PJC
The Telecommunications Division delivers telecommunication infrastructure solutions to utilities, local and state government agencies and the commercial wireless industry. Through a unique combination of experience, expert resources and innovative solutions, Black & Veatch supports the entire range of both legacy and emerging technologies used in today’s wireless and wireline networks, voice, video, Internet and data systems and utility automation.
Understand B&V functional organizations and interfaces. Understand constructability concepts. Assists with project forecasting.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Contract with potential to convert to a full time B&V professional.
• Maintains Project Cost Report and Cash Flow w/ Super.
• Assists with input to monthly/quarterly Reports.
• Facilitates quantity mgmt reporting.
• Maintains Change Mgmt Program
• Assists providing invoice back-up.
Four-year Bachelor's degree with one or more years of relevant Cost Control of Planning & Scheduling experience OR no four-year Bachelor's degree required with five years or more of relevant Cost Control or Planning & Scheduling experience in Home Office or Field Office. All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
Preferred Non-Technical Competencies: • Planning • Process Management • Building Effective Teams • Directing Others • Confronting Direct Reports • Motivating Others Preferred Technical Competencies: • Computer skills • Leadership skills • Knowledge in key scheduling processes • Knowledge in key cost control processes • Intermediate communication skills • Intermediate listening and understanding skills • Intermediate problem solver
• Proficient in the use of Excel and/or MS Access
• Understanding of Estimating functions
• Ability to create ad hoc databases or automated tables for budgeting and cost collection
• Knowledgeable in SAP, Oracle, or any other enterprise accounting systems
• Understands cost controls principles as described in the AACE and PMI
• Excellent listening and communication skills
• Demonstrate initiative and ability to solve problems
• Work under minimal supervision