OSP Construction Manager
CO-Colorado Springs, CO-Denver
Date published: 10-Nov-2017
Opportunity: Experienced Hire
Business Line: Telecom
Business Plan: CNS
The Outside Plant Construction Manager (OSP CM) is responsible for everything that happens within the pre-construction, construction and splicing phases of an overall project relating to installation of Fiber Optic Networks and Fiber to the Tower.
Responsible for coordination of the construction on the project. Coordinates compliance with the schedule, safety, cost, and quality decisions.
This role is based in Colorado Springs, CO.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manages and coordinates all on-site construction activities for compliance with the CPM schedule and monitors and enforces compliance with contract requirements; Implements the Project Construction Execution Plan. Directs field staff in the daily, weekly planning process.
• Directs and approves the development and implementation of construction schedule recovery plans as required.
• Coordinates the Construction Completion Walkdowns and the complete hand over of start-up packages to the Startup Manager and supervises the close out of all punch list items.
• Assists Project Field Manager with client interface and relations.
• Coordinates with Material Manager to review all procured materials for acceptance. Reviews and approves equipment rentals (if supplied by company) and coordinates shared use of this equipment with subcontractors.
• Conducts weekly coordination meeting with field staff & subcontractors.
• Conducts weekly staff & subcontractor meetings.
• Reports weekly schedule and commodity installation status to the Project Controls Manager.
• Monitors all extra work authorization requests, back charges, and supplier and subcontractor progress/final payment requests for acceptance and is responsible for subordinates providing the timely tracking information to Project Controls to support the change management system.
• Adheres to Safety, Quality, Ethical Standards, Lessons Learned, and Performance Management programs in accordance with Division Policies, Standards, Guides, and Contractual commitments.
• Monitors and approve all CIR replies to the subcontractors. • Responsible for completion of the construction punchlist.
• Has full knowledge of the safety program and acts as the Safety Representative on site in the absence of the regular Safety Supervisor.
• Resolves safety and quality issues with the safety and quality managers. Further disputes are then deferred to the Project Field Manager or Division Safety manager.
• Understands the major commercial and deliverable terms of the construction subcontracts and manages within these terms.
• Monitors and controls overtime by his subordinates and subcontractors.
• Writes the construction portion of the client and construction monthly report.
• Coordinates with the Field Engineers or home office engineers on engineering deliverables
• Responsible for the effective management of construction Manufacturer’s Service Technicians and the timesheet tracking.
• Supports continuous improvement efforts and the change management effects associated with the implementation of improvements.; Supervises work of others. Responsible for discipline, and pay administration of their subordinates.
• Supervises work of others. Responsible for hiring, discipline, and pay administration of their subordinates.
3 years at Entry level CM or 5+ years at Superintendent Level; All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
Previous construction experience with ariel and underground fiber.