Operations Director, Atonix Digital, LLC
Date published: 3-Feb-2018
Opportunity: Experienced Hire
Business Line: Atonix Digital
Business Plan: GMT
Function: Atonix Operations Director
Atonix delivers state-of-the-art, innovative solutions to the municipal, energy, water, telecom and transportation sectors - all of which have become increasingly data-driven. Atonix leverages a high-end data analytics platform to address opportunities in the areas of asset health, operational reliability and efficiency, and adaptive planning to a wide variety of clients, including utilities, local and state government agencies and the commercial/industrial sector. Atonix leverages strong industry sector domain expertise to help clients improve system performance by enhancing communication, connectivity, data analytics and operational efficiency across their assets and infrastructure systems.
An Operations Director is being sought to plan and administrate the day-to-day operations of Atonix. The Operations Director will be responsible for financial management, managing the organization’s HR activities, creating organizational and program budgets in collaboration with the President and Directors of Atonix, oversight of the legal & risk functions, and other assigned duties. This position will be a direct report to the President and will serve as a member of the management team. This position's primary responsibility is ensuring organizational effectiveness by providing leadership for the organization's business operation functions. Working with the management team, the position also contributes to the development and implementation of organizational strategies, policies, and practices.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Improve the operational effectiveness in support of organization’s mission -- specifically, lead financial reporting, organizational growth, business process, and organizational strategic planning.
• Play a significant role in strategic and long-term planning through coordination of business objectives.
• Manage and increase the effectiveness and efficiency of all support services (HR, Legal, and Finance) through improvements to each function as well as coordination and communication between business functions.
• Oversee financial management and planning.
• Support President in tracking, reporting, and managing program budgets, including annual budget and quarterly forecasts.
• Organize and attend meetings with business operations groups related to financial and resource planning and reporting.
• Support and maintain legal & risk program that complies with corporate standards and includes template agreements, standard practices, and tracking.
• Oversee an intellectual property (IP) protection program that leverages third-party legal counsel.
• Oversee the completion of HR development programs including performance evaluations, training, rewards and recognition, and professional development.
• Direct the recruiting program.
• Serve as primary liaison to legal counsel in addressing legal issues, including template legal instruments, partnerships, licensing agreements, and trademark registration.
• Over time, build and oversee an operations team that includes a combination of direct and indirect support functions across HR, Legal, and Finance.
8+ years related experience. Bachelor’s degree in related field, or equivalent experience required.
All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
• Strong business acumen; demonstrates willingness to deeply understand the Atonix business.
• Strong financial acumen; has strong background and work experience in finance, including experience in financial management, modeling, budget development and management.
• Demonstrates innovative forward thinking; brings forward ideas to optimize work processes; has good judgment about which creative ideas and suggestions will work. Focuses efforts on continuous improvement.
• Able to develop a working knowledge of Black & Veatch systems, including Oracle, Prolog, EcoSys, and BIC. Has experience with Microsoft Power BI.
• Demonstrates strong leadership ability and has a collaborative management style. Has experience in managing staff groups and major projects or initiatives. Is an excellent people manager. Delegates responsibilities effectively.
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
• Negotiates skillfully and demonstrates effective persuasion skills; is persuasive with details and facts; skillfully challenges and debates issues of importance to the organization.
• Excels at working with cross-functional teams.
• Skilled at rapid response and multi-tasking.
• Has working knowledge of contract management.