Sr. Field Safety Advisor
Date published: 12-Nov-2017
Opportunity: Experienced Hire
Business Plan: CNS
BVCI, a proud part of the BV family of companies, offers union shop construction services for on-time, on-budget project delivery.<br><br>Our professionals deliver solid dependable solutions for industrial construction projects of all sizes, enabling us to provide leading construction services for our clients. Together, we have an integrated approach to project execution with an emphasis on quality, safety, cost, and schedule.<br><br>Our Services<br>We work with our clients on EPC as well as construction-only projects. We self-perform or execute on a subcontract or joint venture basis, offering services through direct hire or subcontract options.<br><br>We are growing and expanding our present offered services along with building our backlog. Now is the time to work at BVCI!
This is mid-level project position, which is accountable for implementing and maintaining the BVCI’s Safety & Health Procedures on a smaller, less complex project or part of a larger team on a large complex project. Performs medium to high complexity tasks, and may act as a supervisor to other safety and health professionals.
This professional may have his/her home base anywhere within the U.S. due to being a Field position with high travel/mobilization requirements. This means that this professional will spend the majority of work time at the assigned project location for the duration of the project requiring long-term temporary living close to the project site.
The first project assignment will be to our green field combined cycle project Southwest of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
*** This is a project position - lasting approximately 6 months.
*** This position is not available for visa sponsorship
*** This professional may have his/her home base anywhere within the U.S. due to being a Field position with high travel/mobilization requirements. This means that this professional will spend the majority of work time at the assigned project location for the duration of the project requiring long-term temporary living close to the project site.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Implements, administers and maintains project Drug and Alcohol Substance Abuse Program.
• Develops and conducts employee safety and health training programs.
• Conducts detailed site safety and health inspections.
• Manages project security contracts, programs and policies.
• Performs record keeping / filing functions.
• Conducts incident and injury/illness investigations.
• Writes detailed injury/illness reports.
• Completes all appropriate company safety and health program documents.
• Interfaces with clients and government officials.
• Manages construction contractor safety and health program administration.
• Administers project worker’s compensation programs and procedures.
• May act as on-site first aid and medical provider.
• Provides supervision, training, development, and performance management of direct reports
• Develops and implements safety and industrial hygiene in consulting plans and studies.
• Analyzes data generated by Safety & Health studies and compiles reports including findings and recommendations including administrative, emergency and PPE controls.
• Supports continuous improvement efforts and the change management effects associated with the implementation of improvements.
• Acts in capacity of a "lead person": Does not have management responsibility for the people to whom they provide work direction.
• 2+ years in a construction environment
• 4+ years safety and health experience
• All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
• Safety and health certification
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred
• Knowledge of safety and health standards and practices
• Knowledge of company substance abuse policies and procedures
• Knowledge of worker’s compensation policies and procedures.
• Knowledge of construction contracting strategies and contract administration
• Knowledge of company safety and health consultation capabilities and ability to perform as a consultant
• Ability to perform first aid/medical functions
• Communication skills
• Word processing and spreadsheet computer software programs
• Ability to write detailed reports
• Human relations skills
• Conflict management skills
• Supervisory skills
• Ability to effectively interface with client and government officials