Date published: 18-Nov-2018
Opportunity: Experienced Hire
Business Line: Water
Business Plan: PJC
As part of the AMP7 transformation Dwr Cymru Welsh Water are moving from a ‘project delivery’ to a ‘sub-programme’ delivery approach.
As part of this, Stage 2 of the Capital Delivery Process will prioritise business needs to achieve Measures of Success and regulatory obligations, prioritise projects against those needs for agreed outcomes and develop a conventional solution with clear scope and budget for those projects. This stage will also group individual projects into sub-programmes for delivery through Stage 3 to assist in the management of programme budget decisions and to create efficiencies in later delivery.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Liaise with Wastewater Asset Managers and other stakeholders to develop a high level programme of work for AMP7 delivery.
• Monitor sub-programmes releases and ensure a timely release of sufficient work to enable resource profiling and a balancing of construction spend throughout the AMP.
• Develop high level programmes for each conventional solution.
• Contribute to the development of estimate for each conventional solution.
• Ensure that GW2 documentation is consistent and of the required quality.
• Assist in the selection of projects to be grouped into sub-programmes from which cost efficiencies can be leveraged by whatever means is deemed most suitable for that sub-programme.
• Assist in the development of GW2 sub-programme supporting information.
• Assist in monitoring performance of the sub-programmes through the capital delivery process and put in place a method of continuous improvement so that lessons can be learnt and adopted quickly.
• Experience of the delivery of wastewater infra & non-infra projects and programmes of work
• Robust working knowledge of P6
• Experience with developing robust programmes for projects and programmes of work
• Effective communication skills
• Strong interpersonal skills
All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications: