Prime Contract Administrator
Date published: 20-Oct-2017
Opportunity: Experienced Hire
Business Line: Water
Business Plan: PCR
Black & Veatch delivers design, procurement and construction solutions that help to provide safe drinking water and effective wastewater management to communities worldwide. We serve public and private clients of every size with a strong focus on life cycle economy, efficiency and reliability. We find innovative solutions to protect water at its source, treat it to the highest standards, and deliver it to homes and businesses. Then we collect and treat wastewater before reintroducing it safely back into the environment.
Is responsible for managing the EP Contract (Prime Contract) with the Client (BHP) throughout the duration of the Project, performing commercial management and Black & Veatch’s financial risk management. In addition, the position will be responsible for the main subcontract management (Ausenco).
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Ensure EP Contract (Prime Contract) is strictly followed by all Project team members
• Mentor and develop contractual acumen and skills of Project Team members. Instruct the awarded Scope of Services and contractual requirements to the Project Team members
• Establish direct interface and build a relationship of trust with Client
• Keep PM informed of contractual, commercial and financial risk issues
• Provide feedback on areas for improvement to PM
• Commercial Management of the Prime Contract and Main Subcontract
• Contractual Letters Management
• Liaison with Internal Legal Department
• Review Change Management and Contract Variations and ensure alignment with commercial strategy
• Main Subcontract Management (Ausenco)
• Contractual Milestones Tracking
• Update on a regular basis the Risk & Opportunities log for the Project
• Provide contractual / legal perspective to the Prime Contract and Main Subcontract management
• Provide assistance from a contractual / legal point of view to Procurement for negotiations with Project vendors
• Provide assistance from a contractual / legal point of view to Procurement for claims and back charges related to Project vendors
• Ensure all applicable Prime Contract and Main Subcontract HSE requirements are met
Project Control Systems:
• Assist in the financial management of the Prime Contract and the Main Subcontract
• Follow up on Client’s quality comments and respond according to contractual requirements
• Support preparing audit information required for the discipline
• Address Corrective Action Requests within discipline
Requires a degree in law from a recognized accredited program in Chile. Minimum of 10 years’ experience in management of large EPC or EPCM contracts on the Contractor side. Full professional proficiency required in both Spanish and English, including verbal and written skills. Requires a developed commercial and financial acumen. All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
Experience on the Owner side managing large EPC / EPCM contracts. MBA from recognized accredited program.
Written Communications, Drive For Results, Commercial Acumen, Priority Setting, Planning, Delegation, Directing Others, Conflict Management, Informing, Listening, Dealing with Ambiguity, Building Effective Teams.