United Kingdom-North West, United Kingdom-South East
Date published: 5-Aug-2018
Opportunity: Experienced Hire
Business Line: Water
Business Plan: ENS
As a Principal Ecologist in our Redhill or Chester Office to manage the delivery of stand-alone ecology projects or ecological input into multi-disciplinary Engineering projects.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Undertaking and managing ecological surveys.
• Ecological reporting and assessment.
• Providing Ecological Clerk of Works role.
• Accountable for preparing and costing ecological proposals.
• Maintaining client relationships.
• Managing and mentoring junior EIA/ecology team members.
• Instructing and managing ecological sub-consultants.
• Working and knowledge sharing with our national team of ecologists.
Should have an excellent grounding in ecological assessment and be competent to lead most of the following surveys:
• Extended Phase 1 survey
• Water vole
• Amphibians incl GCN
• Identifying bat roosts & activity surveys
• Invasive plants
Full time and Part time will be considered for this role.
Relevant Environmental degree
Obtained or close to obtaining full membership of CIEEM
Previous Consultancy experience
Holder of one or more protected species survey and/or development licences
Proven experience in undertaking Ecological Impact Assessment (including Preliminary Environmental Assessment and EcIA)
All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications: