Procurement Representative 2 - Oil & Gas
Date published: 12-Jan-2019
Opportunity: Experienced Hire
Business Line: Oil/Gas
Business Plan: PCR
Provide support to the project team with mildly complex procurement transaction activities (equipment, services and subcontracts), which may expand to more complex projects or assignments on multiple projects. May be required to support other procurement duties, including expediting, procurement administration, closeout and proposal development. Receives general supervision.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Prepares contract documents and bidders list.
• Prepares, issues and supports the bidding process.
• Manages the evaluation process through the distribution of quotations, preparation of the commercial portion of the bid tabulation, and collaboration with engineering and construction regarding the technical and constructability evaluations. Makes recommendations for selected bidder(s) and who to award.
• Schedules, coordinates and manages the negotiation process. Begins to resolve simple and moderately complex commercial terms and conditions exceptions.
• Manages the award and conforming process.
• May be responsible for soliciting budgetary pricing for equipment, material, or labor to support estimating/proposal efforts for a project.
• Proficient in the basic functions of the vendor database.
• May train others in the function of a Procurement Representative, with oversight from Supervisor.
• Files appropriate record documents and follows Corporate and project filing rules.
• Individual contributor with no subordinates.
Minimum of two (2) years relevant experience. All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
BA or BS degree in Supply Chain Business, Technical / Engineering, Construction Management or related field (preferred). Relevant experience may be substituted for a degree. Preferred Skills:
• Proficient Attention to Detail
• Proficient Communication - Written and Oral
• Proficient Computer Skills - Databases and MS Office
• Proficient Contract Comprehension
• Proficient Data Entry
• Basic Mathematics
• Proficient Organizational Skills
• Basic Problem Solving
• Basic Project Process Management Preferred Competencies:
• Action oriented
• Communicates effectively
• Customer focus
• Drives results
• Manages ambiguity
• Situational adaptability