Procurement Representative - Power
Date published: 31-Jan-2018
Opportunity: Experienced Hire
Business Line: Power
Business Plan: PCR
Provide support to the project team with simple and complex procurement transaction activities (equipment, services and subcontracts), on multiple projects. May be required to support other procurement duties, including expediting, procurement administration, closeout and proposal development.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Prepares contract documents and bidders list.
• Prepares, issues and may manage the bidding process.
• Leads and manages the evaluation process through the distribution of quotations, preparation of the commercial portion of the bid tabulation, and collaboration with engineering and construction regarding the technical and constructability evaluations. Makes recommendations for selected bidder(s) and who to award.
• Leads, and schedules, coordinates and manages the negotiation process. Able to resolve simple and moderately complex commercial terms and conditions exceptions.
• Manages the award and conforming process.
• Able to resolve simple claim or dispute events with vendors.
• May be responsible for soliciting budgetary pricing for equipment, material, or labor to support estimating/proposal efforts for a project.
• Proficient in the basic functions of the vendor database.
• Files appropriate record documents and follows Corporate and project filing rules.
• May provide input to portions of new and/or revised procedures or documents.
• Individual contributor with no subordinates.
Minimum of two (2) years relevant experience. All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
BA or BS degree in Supply Chain Business, Technical / Engineering, Construction Management or related field (preferred). Relevant experience may be substituted for a degree. Preferred Skills: • Proficient Attention to Detail • Proficient Communication - Written and Oral • Proficient Computer Skills - Databases and MS Office • Proficient Contract Comprehension • Proficient Data Entry • Basic Mathematics • Proficient Organizational Skills • Basic Problem Solving • Basic Project Process Management Preferred Competencies: • Action oriented • Collaborates • Communicates effectively • Customer focus • Drives results • Manages ambiguity • Situational adaptability