Project Accounting Associate - Power
Date published: 3-Nov-2018
Opportunity: Experienced Hire
Business Line: Power
Business Plan: FIN
Responsible for performing basic level accounting duties of assigned projects, such as: revenue recognition, transactional accounting and invoicing. Ensures the project is in compliance with contractual obligations, as appropriate. Works under close supervision.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Generates, audits and distributes draft invoices and/or credit memos to Project Management for review based on understanding of contract. Obtains appropriate approval and distributes accordingly.
• May generate tax calculations to ensure accuracy.
• May research past due invoices. Financial Analysis:
• May support project related financial analysis, as assigned by providing requested information. Financial Reporting:
• May review revenue recognition on project income statement for accuracy and identifies deviations from budget compared to forecast. Budgeting & Forecasting:
• May update business systems with project budget and current project forecasted costs.
• May assist in preparation and analysis of budget & forecast. Projects:
• May assist to structure and open projects in accounting system
• May administer project cash disbursements for assigned projects. • Communicates project financial information to management for assigned projects. Identifies and communicates material variances.
• Complexity and volume is limited to transactional level details and basic projects of standard contract terms. Compliance:
• May assist with audit requests by providing supporting documentation Supervisory & Resource Management: • Supports continuous improvement efforts and the change management effects associated with the implementation of improvement Primary Internal Clients:
• Primary internal clients are project managers, project controls, finance managers and/or finance supervisors.
Typically 2+ years related experience. All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
Bachelor's Degree Preferred. Preferred Technical Competencies:
• Microsoft Office Suite,
•Basic Knowledge of Black & Veatch Systems
•Basic Knowledge of percent complete accounting,
•Basic Technical accounting knowledge
Preferred Non-Technical Competencies:
• Customer Focus
• Written Communications
• Action Oriented
• Peer Relationships