Project Accounting Associate
Date published: 11-Oct-2017
Opportunity: Experienced Hire
Business Line: Power
Business Plan: FIN
Responsible for performing basic level accounting duties of assigned projects, such as: revenue recognition, transactional accounting and invoicing. Ensures the project is in compliance with contractual obligations, as appropriate. Works under close supervision.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Generates, audits and distributes draft invoices and/or credit memos to Project Management for review based on understanding of contract. Obtains appropriate approval and distributes accordingly.
• May generate tax calculations to ensure accuracy.
• May research past due invoices.
• May support project related financial analysis, as assigned by providing requested information.
• May review revenue recognition on project income statement for accuracy and identifies deviations from budget compared to forecast.
Budgeting & Forecasting:
• May update business systems with project budget and current project forecasted costs.
• May assist in preparation and analysis of budget & forecast.
• May assist to structure and open projects in accounting system
• May administer project cash disbursements for assigned projects.
• Communicates project financial information to management for assigned projects. Identifies and communicates material variances.
• Complexity and volume is limited to transactional level details and basic projects of standard contract terms.
• May assist with audit requests by providing supporting documentation
Supervisory & Resource Management:
• Supports continuous improvement efforts and the change management effects associated with the implementation of improvement
Primary Internal Clients:
• Primary internal clients are project managers, project controls, finance managers and/or finance supervisors.
Two years of experience or Bachelor's degree in relevant field.
All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
Typically 2+ years related experience.
Bachelor's Degree Preferred.
Preferred Technical Competencies:
• Microsoft Office Suite, Basic
• Knowledge of Black & Veatch Systems, Basic
• Knowledge of percent complete accounting, Basic
• Technical accounting knowledge, Basic