Project Billing Associate
Date published: 11-Apr-2018
Opportunity: Experienced Hire
Business Line: Water
Business Plan: FIN
Black & Veatch delivers design, procurement and construction solutions that help to provide safe drinking water and effective wastewater management to communities worldwide. We serve public and private clients of every size with a strong focus on life cycle economy, efficiency and reliability.<br><br>We find innovative solutions to protect water at its source, treat it to the highest standards, and deliver it to homes and businesses. Then we collect and treat wastewater before reintroducing it safely back into the environment
Responsible for invoicing of assigned projects and ensures contract terms are followed regarding correct billing rates and schedules. This position works closely with Project Accountants and Project Controls personnel. This position will also answer Project Management questions regarding project billing criteria and invoice drafts. Works under close supervision.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Generates, audits and distributes draft invoices and/or credit memos to Project Management for review based on understanding of contract.
Obtains appropriate approval and distributes accordingly.
Ensures billing rates or billing schedules are correctly attached to projects & match contract terms.
• Coordinates research and analysis activities related to invoicing as required.
• Researches past due invoices and collaborates with project teams on collection activities.
• Collaborates with Treasury to clean up “on account” cash receipts.
• May support project invoicing related analysis, as assigned by providing requested information. Projects:
• Complexity and volume is limited to transactional level details and basic projects of standard contract terms.
• Provides support for client and annual B&V audit activities. Supervisory & Resource Management:
• Supports continuous improvement efforts and the change management effects associated with the implementation of improvement Primary Internal Clients:
• Primary internal clients are project managers, project controls, finance managers and/or finance supervisors.
Typically two years of experience or Bachelor's degree in relevant field.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
High school diploma preferred. Preferred Technical Competencies:
• Microsoft Office Suite, Basic
• Knowledge of Black & Veatch Systems, Basic
• Knowledge of percent complete accounting, Basic
• Technical accounting knowledge, Basic
Preferred Non-Technical Competencies:
• Customer Focus
• Written Communications
• Action Oriented
• Peer Relationships