Date published: 7-Dec-2018
Opportunity: Experienced Hire
Business Line: Telecom
Business Plan: ADM
This position will support Managers and the Team for the Verizon One Fiber project in the Columbus market.
Provide technical management support to managers and the business team to facilitate, expedite, and drive to closure all assigned sites. Administer site contract requirements related to document collection, document review for quality and accuracy, timing of activities and bridges communication between field personnel, subcontractors, program personnel and project support assistants.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Must be able to maintain and manage relationships while assuring that work is performed in accordance with project requirements. Provides subcontractors with information and support, as outlined within contract specifications, to allow work to proceed as scheduled.
• Reviews, analyzes, and evaluates supplier and contractor activities, products, and reports for adherence to the B&V requirements. Monitors and tracks all open transactions.
• Follows up, coordinates and communicates with managers, engineers, suppliers, contractors, subcontractors, and field staff to ensure that applicable codes and specifications are met. For example, reviews zoning drawings prior to submittal for client requirements.
• Ability to performs QA/QC function on construction and site acquisition submittals. Reviews & approves site specific documents.
• Generates records, reports, correspondence, and other documentation in the performance of the work.
• Reviews contract specifications to determine all documentation submittals required for payment from our customer.
• Demonstrates ability to maintain multiple projects and priorities at one time and effectively finish projects in a timely manner.
• Leads weekly calls with specified markets.
• Develops project deliverables from sketches, written and/or verbal instructions.
• Applies judgment and makes decisions with respect to deliverables and input interpretation.
• Maintains project trackers for closeout responsibilities.
• Assists in coordinating deliverables with other groups involved on the same project to minimize interference or errors.
• Assists with expediting large volume of submittals and/or confirming that such submittals have been received from subcontractors.
• Identifies and assesses improvement opportunities which will add value.
• Adhere to and train others on certain processes and procedures including the closeout documentation procedure in multiple markets.
• Acts in capacity of a “lead person”. Does not have management responsibility for the people to whom they provide work direction. List positions receiving direction: Project Support Assistant
All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
Associate Degree or Bachelor Degree in Related Field preferred. Experience: 3 – 4 years construction or site acquisition work experience (preferred).
• Desktop PC
• Microsoft Word
• Microsoft Excel
• Microsoft Power Point
• Microsoft Outlook (Email, Calendar, Contacts
• Electronic file storage system
• Project Management Systems
• Multi-tasking ability (Prioritize, Organize, and Schedule Work)
• Problem Solving (Identify, Analyze, Research, Evaluate, and Resolve)
• Human Relations Skills (Written, Verbal, and Client Service)
• Workgroup's Policies & Procedures
• Division Administrative Policies & Procedures
• Division Project Policies & Procedures