Project Director - Oil & Gas
KS-Overland Park, TX-Houston
Date published: 29-Nov-2018
Opportunity: Experienced Hire
Business Line: Oil/Gas
Business Plan: PMT
Manages all aspects of complex Engineering Procurement Construction (EPC)/ projects, or supervises project managers on multiple projects with a focus on safety and managing risk to cost, schedule, quality. Responsible for the day-to-day successful execution of contracted engineering, procurement, and construction scope in the areas of safety performance, financial metrics, planning, schedule, quality, contractual compliance, , and client satisfaction. Provides for the successful staffing of the project. Manages and leads large teams of multi-discipline professionals. Coordinates and integrates the activities associated with the engineering, procurement, construction, and startup elements of the project team, including the activities of all third-party companies contributing to the initiative.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Project Complexity – Directs complex engineering projects requiring global resources and/or multiple partners, or multiple Project Managers.
• Number of Projects and/or Clients- Manages multiple clients and/or Accountable for implementing expanded New Business objectives.
• Client Management – Oversees and delivers opportunities for new/repeat business; finalizing key contract negotiations with client executives and project managers.
• Profit & Loss Responsibility – Manages broad and varied complex risk profile.
• Acts as a project manager. Among responsibilities is management of a project team. The individuals comprising this team may vary by project.
•People Development – Develops other and Practices behaviors supporting diversity and inclusion.
Bachelor of science degree.
All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
20+ years of experience.
Preferred Skills & Competencies:
• Business Development - Identifies client requirements. Develops and maintains relationships with clients. Conducts market research. Experience writing and presenting project estimates and proposals including scope, cost, and schedule according to client requirements and bid processes.
• Builds Networks
• Client Focus
• Develops Talent
• Directs Work
• Drives Vision & Purpose
• Financial Acumen
• Manages Complexity
• Manages Conflict
• Tech Savvy
• Values Differences
• Business Insight
• Business Acumen - Negotiates contract commercial terms. Manages project budgets, costs, and receivables. Manages contracts and legal issues. Analyzes and reports health metrics as a basis for improvement. Manages vendor and subcontractor contracts. Applies knowledge of policies and regulations to project scope. Builds relationships with key stakeholders. Applies value creation.
• Execution - Uses B&V project management phases & methodology including, project initiation, planning, execution, monitoring & control, and closeout to direct work. Manages changes and risk on scope, cost, schedule, quality, and safety based on available resources and client requirements. Manages constructability and procurement. Manages the warranty plan.
• Leadership - Communicates clear expectations, goals, and vision. Manages performance of direct reports. Motivates, coaches, and mentors professionals. Develops talent. Delegates effectively. Manages conflict and collaboration to achieve results.