Date published: 14-Sep-2018
Opportunity: Experienced Hire
Business Line: Water
Business Plan: MAC
Black & Veatch delivers design, procurement and construction solutions that help to provide safe drinking water and effective wastewater management to communities worldwide. We serve public and private clients of every size with a strong focus on life cycle economy, efficiency and reliability.<br><br>We find innovative solutions to protect water at its source, treat it to the highest standards, and deliver it to homes and businesses. Then we collect and treat wastewater before reintroducing it safely back into the environment.
First professional-level position, with broader responsibilities in one or more related areas: marketing, communications, branding, and proposal support. Understands the strategy/vision of the assigned work group. Works under limited supervision. Requires broader working knowledge of business practices and procedures in order to perform non-repetitive, analytical work of a moderately complex nature. Position uses a narrow application of principles, theories, concepts and draws on previous experience to determine a course of action. Participates in planning and scheduling to establish deadlines and ensures the timely completion of several independent tasks and short-term projects. Multiple tasks/projects are assigned and reviewed generally only upon completion. Tasks are more tactical in nature.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Applies standard brand guidelines, and proactively identifies errors and inconsistencies in brand application beyond the current task at hand. Communications
• Applies standard principles, theories and concepts in copyediting.
• Edits, proofreads and writes moderately complex company communications materials.
• Reviews documents to establish that company standards contained in the Communications Manual are met.
• Review and edits written copy, articles, web content, marketing collateral, internal/external publications, news releases, social media and video copy for content accuracy, style, grammar, spelling, and syntax punctuation.
• Conducts assigned research and authenticity verification.
• Works with internal and external sources to develop copy content.
• Consults with team leaders and/or management to develop schedules, milestones, and priorities.
• Participates in coordination of layout, artwork, and progress thru production.
• May provide basic support of client presentations and other general less complex sales support requests.
• Supports the content and messaging development of internal and externally focused marketing collateral. Proposals
• Participates in planning, researching and preparing content for a variety of pursuit applications including project experience sheets, biodata sheets, statements of qualifications, proposals and other pursuit-related collateral.
• Coordinates with internal sources to develop pursuit content.
• Leads the coordination, packaging, and delivery of pursuit documents and materials.
• Interfaces routinely with multiple inter-divisional personnel and support groups.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communication, or a related field; or equivalent experience Experience: 2+ years related experience All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
Proficient in InDesign
Adobe Suite, Word
Intermediate computer skills Basic problem solving and organization skills Intermediate knowledge of marketing/ branding/ communications concepts Intermediate multi tasking skills and attention to detail Intermediate interpersonal and networking skills Basic research and analysis skills Intermediate editorial skills Working knowledge of company editorial standards/practices Working knowledge of marketing and advertising media including print, audio, internet, video etc. Working knowledge of marketing practice and procedures Requires working knowledge of company services, marketing strategies and company business lines Event Coordinating Requires working knowledge of business practice and procedures, including knowledge of trade show activities