United Kingdom-North East, United Kingdom-North West, United Kingdom-Scotland, United Kingdom-South East, United Kingdom-South West, United Kingdom-Yorkshire-North, United Kingdom-Yorkshire-South, United Kingdom-Yorkshire-West
Date published: 9-Nov-2017
Opportunity: Experienced Hire
Business Line: Water
Business Plan: CNS
Provide Quality Control, inspection and expediting support for all Black & Veatch activities on and off-site for all business streams; including but not limited to the following disciplines, Civil, Mechanical, Instrumentation, Electrical and Commissioning. Primarily within the UK but may include overseas travel.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide shop Quality inspection and expediting support to Global Black & Veatch projects in accordance with the latest Procurement Manual.
• Implement and maintain project quality plans and procedures. Act as an interface between project sites, procurement inspections, corporate offices, and clients.
• Establishes implements and maintains site quality program. Coordinates with engineers, suppliers, subcontractors, regulatory representatives (Nominated Bodies etc…) and sites to ensure that work is done correctly and in accordance with appropriate processes and procedures.
• Monitors and ensures Black & Veatch Non-Conformance process is implemented in all relevant areas.
• Assures work on-site meets applicable codes and specifications.
• Develops and administers site specific Quality Programs
• Surveillance/Audits of site Contractor Quality Control Programs.
• Responsible for ensuring all aspects of welder qualification & on-site testing is accordance with contract requirements. (where applicable)
• Responsible for ensuring all, control and coordination of Post Weld Heat Treatment (PWHT) and Non Destructive Examination (NDE) is in accordance with contract requirements. (where applicable)
• Establishes inspection plan and track inspections/actions identified.
• Responsible for ensuring all site testing such as soils testing, concrete placement and grout breaks, hydro tests, and NDE testing and verify tests are properly documented.
• Reviews documentation for the certification of construction equipment and testing equipment.
• Reviews turnover packages prior to handover from construction to commissioning & to Startup.
• Assists in the coordination and execution of punch list walk downs/inspections.
• Collating Quality Control documentation for final handover to Owner.
• Develops and implements quality programs that assist to meet company quality goals and expectations.
• May act as Quality Consultant for internal and external clients.
• May act as temporary project fill-in for other project professionals.
• Provides assistance in supervision, training, development, and performance management of professionals. (where applicable)
• Acts as mentor to other quality professionals.
• Implements Safety, Quality, Ethical Standards, Lessons Learned, and adheres to Performance Management programs in accordance with company Policies, Standards, and Guidelines.
• Supports continuous improvement efforts and the change management effects associated with the implementation of improvements.
• Responsible for ensuring adequacy of other site QC inspectors and site QC representatives (technicians, specialists) where applicable.
Key relationships and personnel for whom this person will be responsible:
All relevant procurement, project, engineering, construction and commissioning teams within Black & Veatch and relevant sub-contractor equivalents.
All Global Black & Veatch project Shop Quality Surveillance (SQS) Quality Control coordinators.
All relevant specialist inspectors and Black & Veatch approved inspection providers.
Education & training:
Craft apprenticeship, manufacturing or construction background
Academic & profess’l qualif’ns: BTEC HND or HNC manufacturing or construction related
Background & experience:
Either: Electrical, instrumentation, Mechanical, Piping, Welding, NDT
Manufacturing and Construction
Attention to detail
Integrity, Effective communication skills, Technical ability
Must be flexible and be prepared to travel both locally, nationally and internationally
All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
High School Diploma or geographical equivalent qualification preferred. 4 year degree in Engineering, Quality, Business or geographical equivalent qualification in a related discipline is desired. Preferred Competencies: • Knowledge of National and/or International Rules and Regulatory Requirements • Knowledge of Quality Management Systems • Knowledge of project budget process and tools • Knowledge of department budget process and tools • Knowledge of Project controls • Risk assessment/management • Administrative policies and procedures • Construction Project Management Systems • Conceptual planning ability • Knowledge of construction contracting strategies and contract administration • Ability to effectively interface with client and government officials • Communication skills • Ability to effectively manage emergency situations • Word processing and spreadsheet computer software programs • Ability to write detailed reports • Human Relations skills • Conflict Management skills • Leadership skills (team building, coaching, mentoring, change management, advising) • Multi-tasking ability (prioritize, organize, schedule work) • Problem solving skills (identify, analyze, research, evaluate, resolve) • Project management skills • Time reporting systems • Expense reporting policies and procedures