Regional HR Director, Asia
China-Beijing, Singapore, Thailand-Bangkok
Date published: 11-Nov-2017
Opportunity: Experienced Hire
Business Line: Corporate-HR
Business Plan: ADM
This is a replacement role reporting to the VP, HR Business Partners and OE. This role will lead a team of HR professionals across the region, including China, Hong Kong, Singapore, Australia, Philippines, Malaysia, Thailand, Vietnam and Indonesia. The Regional HR Director for Asia will be responsible for establishing and implementing robust and leading edge Human Resources strategies, policies and programs for the businesses in the Asia Pacific. Areas of responsibility include talent acquisition, employee relations, leadership development, career development, compensation, benefits and organizational development. This role will also serve as a liaison between the APAC region, Country HR management and Corporate Human Resources (based in Overland Park, Kansas USA).
The successful candidate will be responsible for continuing to advance the professional Human Resources function and for influencing restructuring the HR teams in these countries when needed. Development and implementation of HR solutions which are aligned with business strategies will be a key focus. This role requires someone with vision and the ability to guide the business through a major transformation.
This role represents an exciting opportunity to lead in an organization that is continually growing and evolving.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide overall leadership of the Human Resources function to maximize the strategic use of human capital.
• Responsible for the execution of HR strategy across all countries within the APAC region and provide leadership through effective objective setting, delegation, and communication.
• Evaluate the effectiveness of the Human Resources function and modify goals and objectives when necessary.
• Partner with HR colleagues based in the Americas, EMEA and APAC to ensure consistency in the delivery of human resources around the world.
• Develop integrated human resource planning models to ensure the retention of key talent and the development of leaders.
• Provide strategic counsel, coaching and support to the APAC Leadership Team.
• Facilitate proactive business partnerships between Country Leadership and Human Resources to meet business and financial objectives.
• Design and implement HR solutions, including organizational redesigns, change management, strategic planning and corporate communications that support the business objectives and workforce needs.
• Member of the APAC Leadership Team.
• Minimum of 10 years Asia regional HR experience in an international organization; with an emphasis on talent management, career development and change management.
• Solid business background; prior experience working with a Multinational company, preferably with a US headquarters.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
• Experienced change-agent; knowledge of local national HR regulations, laws, training, management technique, culturally sensitive. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• University degree required. MBA or equivalent preferred.
• Experience dealing with multiple internal and external stakeholders.
• Able to work in a dynamic, fast-moving organization.
• Thrives in a complex matrix organization environment
• Aware of and adaptive to cultural differences.
• Solid functional knowledge in local labor code, benefits, employee relations and organizational design.
• Dynamic and practical hands-on person with a strategic mindset and experience in change management.
• Willing to accept new challenges, deal with ambiguity and focus on results.
• High level of business and commercial acumen.
• Detail orientated and self-motivated with strong analytical skills.
• Able to work independently as well as to influence and collaborate with others.
• Excellent communication, influencing and interpersonal skills.
• Customer-oriented and collaborative team player with the ability to work independently and to tight deadlines.
• Good command of written and spoken English and other region languages as this is a Regional role that requires liaison with customers and staffs in the region.