Regional Safety Manager - Power
Date published: 14-Apr-2018
Opportunity: Experienced Hire
Business Line: Power
Business Plan: CNS
The Safety & Health Manager 2 is accountable for implementing and maintaining the company’s Safety & Health Program, supporting Black & Veatch’s substation and transmission construction projects across multiple geographic locations. Acts as a lead in Safety, supervision of multiple other safety personnel.
CHST and/or CSP
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manages construction contractor safety and health program administration.
• Manages site safety, health, environmental, and security budgets.
• Implements, administers and maintains Drug and Alcohol Substance Abuse Program for a project.
• Develops and conducts employee safety and health training programs.
• Conducts site safety and health inspections and safety and health program audits.
• Ensures project safety and health documentation is complete and accurate.
• Conducts incident and injury/illness investigations.
• Writes detailed investigation and safety and health progress reports.
• Interfaces with clients and government officials.
• Administers project worker’s compensation programs and procedures.
• Assists in development, management and implementation of project insurance programs and policies.
• Manages project security contracts, programs and policies.
• Develops, manages and implements project environmental programs and policies.
• May act as Safety & Health Consultant to internal and external clients.
• May act as emergency responder or incident commander.
• Provides supervision, training, development, and performance management of direct reports.
• Supports continuous improvement efforts and the change management effects associated with the implementation of improvements.
• Supervises work of others. Responsible for hiring, discipline, and pay administration of their subordinates.
5+ years in a construction environment, 5+ years safety and health experience All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
Safety and health certification – CHST and/or CSP
Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
• Knowledge of safety and health standards and practices
• Knowledge of company substance abuse policies and procedures
• Knowledge of construction contracting strategies and contract administration
• Knowledge of worker’s compensation policies and procedures
• Knowledge of insurance program administration including owner-controlled and contractor-controlled insurance programs
• Knowledge of project safety and health budgeting and cost control
• Knowledge of environmental laws and company and client programs, procedures
• Knowledge of security risk and control processes and procedures
• Knowledge of company safety and health consultation capabilities and ability to perform as a consultant
• Ability to effectively interface with client and government officials
• Communication skills
• Ability to effectively manage emergency situations
• Ability to write detailed reports