Date published: 10-Oct-2018
Opportunity: Experienced Hire
Business Line: Corporate-Finance
Business Plan: ADM
Provides reference and research services in areas as assigned. Typically has specialization in a moderately complex functional areas, such as archives, web design, cataloging, training and research. This is a mid-level professional position.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Conducts complex reference interviews.
• Evaluates client requests to ensure needs are met.
• Begins to proactively anticipate client needs for information and resources based upon knowledge of clients.
• Conducts client training on moderately complex or diverse subjects.
• Makes recommendations for library purchases of books, journals and subscriptions based on area of expertise and professionals' needs.
• Designs and maintains library web pages that enhance user experience
• Coordinates archives and records management initiatives
• Conducts literary reviews and research using professional and industry resources and makes recommendations using internal and external online resources.
• Participate in teams that support company initiatives.
• Understands the strategy/vision of the library and the company.
• Individual contributor with no subordinates.
Experience: 4+ years professional experience, preferably in assigned area of expertise.
All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent experience. Master's degree preferred in Library or Information Science or a similar field of study.
• Intermediate HTML and SharePoint skills
• Knowledge of archives and record management practices
• Research experience in the fields of business and marketing
• Business insight
• Communicates effectively
• Cultivates innovation
• Customer focus
• Global perspective
• Manages complexity
• Nimble learning
• Tech savvy
• Intermediate knowledge of library policies and procedures
• Intermediate knowledge of library materials & resources (collections, subjects)
• Intermediate knowledge of information classification skills
• Intermediate knowledge of library database management system
• Intermediate knowledge of internal and external resources and contacts
• Intermediate industry knowledge
• Basic leadership skills
• Intermediate organizational skills
• Basic planning skills
• Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
• Intermediate training skills
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to prioritize tasks independently