Engineer Manager- Water Business
Date published: 3-Nov-2018
Opportunity: Experienced Hire
Business Line: Water
Business Plan: ENG
The Engineering Manager is responsible for the technical planning and design of municipal/public water distribution and wastewater collection systems. This person will assume leadership responsibilities such as scope, budget and scheduling projects; mentoring staff and identifying developmental growth opportunities; and developing strong relationships with clients and contractors.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manage the design of water lines, booster pumps, elevated storage tanks, meter vaults, and other appurtenances.
• Design of wastewater collection pipes, including gravity sewers and pump stations and force mains.
• Oversee Quality Control process in accordance with company policy
• Coordination with state and federal regulatory agencies and their requirements for design and permitting
• Bidding and procurement of construction contractors to complete construction of projects
• Responsible for project delivery in a timely manner with a focus on quality
Requires a bachelor's degree in engineering from either a recognized accredited program in their home country or the country in which the professional is practicing. Minimum of 8 years related work experience. All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in Civil or Mechanical Engineering
• A minimum of 8 years professional experience managing and leading a multidisciplinary team to deliver industrial water and wastewater facility design projects
• South Carolina PE (or the ability to obtain within 90 days of start date